MiLight - Support for MiLight LED controllers

Xathros

So it's not me cause groups 2-4 to go crazy. Only thing being sent there is group 1 (2x on, 2x dim).

Don't worry about the delays, I don't have that part coded right.

In the last instance selecting group1 to dim to 0%

Group1 gets an Off (without any dim and delay)

Dim to 10% gets sent and all groups respond??? but group1 is already Off so cannot respond.

The two commands are backwards in time.

In the first instance the Hub1 All Off gets sent only = no dim to 10% , no delay

The dim, delay, off sequence seems to be switched logically with the NodeLink internal Off requests.

For the last instance = Set All On 0% we need

All On to select the whole hub (66,0,85)

100 msec delay

Set brightness to 10% (78,2,85)

700 msec delay

All off (65,00,85)

Set group1 0% we would need

Group1 On to select only group1 (69,00,85)

100 msec delay

700 msec delay

Group1 off (70,0,85)

For the last instance = Set All On 0% we need

All On to select the whole hub (66,0,85)

100 msec delay

700 msec delay

All off (65,00,85)

Problem with this one is that if you only have say two groups on, the other 2 groups that are already off will flicker (on then off).

Not that good if the groups are bedroom lights.

Problem with this one is that if you only have say two groups on, the other 2 groups that are already off will flicker (on then off).

Not that good if the groups are bedroom lights.

Yes true. The "not involved" bulbs/groups on the same hub will flash on, with whatever they were left at, and then dim and turn off.

I have all groups from each hub in one room. If the groups on any hub are spread around the house, individual group/bulb commands will always have to be used for ramp down and then off unless a All Fast off is desired for all groups/bulbs on that hub.

I have programs to set 9 bulbs/strips and five Hues to the same colours for every major colour. Then I also have Xmas, Easter, Halloween, Autumn, Party, Movie, and sunset (with slow white dimming out) programs, where individual colours are used. (alternating green and red for Xmas etc...)

Definitely not a feature I want (flickering bulbs), so I'll make that a NodeLink option.

I'm going to ditch the 0% and just have separate "Off" and "Fast Off" commands.

OK.I had thought that was what you were going to do last round.

The "all groups" stuff is definitely a problem with individual bulbs but there is no other way to address All Groups (or any groups)without sending an On first. Very lacking protocol. 

You will always have to send a Fast Off or an Individual Slow Off while different rooms are on the same hub.

I really only use All/Individual Change Colours, or All Off at the end of evening/usage. I only use them in one room.

Another thing noticed is the minimum 10% value. Setting level 2 out of 27 levels (2-27 inclusive) is really about 7-8%. We are achieving it from the verbose outputs  so I have to assume your math is compensating somehow.

Really, high, med, low, off would have been good enough for decorator lighting anyway. Most people aren't going to do any slow-time fading. I do lower the brightness on my Hue bulbs to match my MiLights for certain colours as they have such bad colour rendition in greens and blue, but never the MiLights, except during white. :)

Another thing I don't use is the colour selection chart installed as I have strips and bulbs and one side of the colour wheels between them is slightly different. I always use the 0-255 value and a chart in ISY as constants, manually matched between bulbs and strips.

post-4697-0-48045600-1469889015_thumb.jpg

NodeLink v0.5.10 looks good.  Installed it and the ISY profile file, just fine.

Trying out the new commands...they looks better.

I don't understand the new option "Send On Command Before All Dim Commands" but things seem t work well without it but I haven't tried it yet.

With two hubs, I have some "data clash" problems.

With one ISY  program operating two hubs, and Hue bulbs, with no Waits in the program, ISY appears to save it all up and then it all gets sent in one data storm.

Despite breaking the pre-colour change dim away from the ramp back up to 100% (in the ISY program) one hub seems to finish the whole job before the other hub even starts it's sequence....very weird the commands get out of order.

If

Then

dim hub1 to 10%

dim hub2 to 10%

Wait 1 second                         <-----tried wait here.

set some Hue bulbs with Network Resources

set Hub1 to colourX to 100%

set Hub2 to colourX to 100%

Else

---

When I insert Waits into the ISY program sequence, to allow I/O processing, the second hub commands often get clobbered by the first hub commands. Colors don't change, levels changes get missed.

I need to do more locating / identification and will get back  with it once it is more  clearly defined in my head. I will try this new option and watch the verbose, to understand how to make best use of this. It may be a good option to make use of protocol shortcomings.

Archived