Best way to save ISY configs and programs?

ferdies

Hi,

I had my ISY's configs (variables, email notifications/contents) and programs I want to preserve and reference back from my old install. What is the best way to do it?

I don't want to re-create some of the programs but I am in a temporary place at the the moment with less devices and would like to use only a some features/programs I have created. I will then have a full-blown version when I move to a permanent one (http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/19218-new-installation-insteon-or-z-wave/.

Appreciate the feedback.

Hi ferdies,

File | Backup ISY.

If you have Z-Wave, then:

1. Z-Wave | Tools | Backup | Full

2. File | Backup ISY

To restore:

File | Restore ISY.

If you have a new Z-Wave enabled ISY, then:

1. File | Restore ISY

2. Z-Wave | Tools | Restore

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for the feedback, Michel.

Just to provide more clarity - I have only few Insteon device in my new place, and mostly, plug-ins devices. So essentially, I wanted to do is to access programs and list of variables offline so I can copy some programs.

could I save into a file all my programs and other configs, not using backup?

Again, I have moved to a new place but I brought some plug-in devices and my ISY.

Thanks.

right click on a program then click disable, you'll needto disable each program one at a time.

Thanks! I was thinking there was a way to disable ALL programs all at the same time. I guess I have to do it individually :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Also,  To answer the original question, you can right click the top of the program tree and select "Copy folder to clipboard", then paste into word or a text editor for a complete, human readable listing of all programs.

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

Archived