X10

C Martin

I have been on Vaction and I was pretty excited to see the new Beta. Thanks a bunch!

I downloaded and installed the new Beta 2.5. Looks pretty good.

I tried setting a program to trigger from an X10 remote and No responce.

Do I need to do anything with my ISY?

Do i need to have an X10 Device in my list and if so< i don't how?

I have an X10 signal booster so I know that the X10 signal in on the line.

When I manually run the program the progam runs - I can' seem to get an X10 trigger.

By the way-

Any word on the Irrigation device fixes?

I had my Irrigation controller go wacky again.

Semed to lock the system up and would not respond to an off command.

I was able to set up my 220v x10 controller I use for one of my ACs. All I had to do is create a new program and, using the drop down, select 'Send X10' and put in the appropriate House/Unit code. I set one program for ON and another for OFF and I also tested it using one program with a 'wait' command. So far it has been running fine.

I was not able to get any x10 commands to work yet with my EZrain. I know I have the EZrain set to accept x10 commands, because my x10 remote works fine. This may be a communication problem, and to be honest, I have not gone much further than my initial test.

Irrigation Devices? Ah yes, now that's another story. I will try to post an update in the EZrain section later today.

For X10, you don't need to configure anything at all, just add it to your program.

It sounds as though many of you are having trouble triggering something from X10. I have tested it here, and it works fine, so I trying to figure what could be going wrong.

When you send an X10 signal, do you see the LEDs on the ISY flash? I'm wondering if we are receiving the X10 messages, or if they are just not mapped correctly.

I have been on Vaction and I was pretty excited to see the new Beta. Thanks a bunch!

I downloaded and installed the new Beta 2.5. Looks pretty good.

I tried setting a program to trigger from an X10 remote and No responce.

Do I need to do anything with my ISY?

Do i need to have an X10 Device in my list and if so

I have an X10 signal booster so I know that the X10 signal in on the line.

When I manually run the program the progam runs - I can' seem to get an X10 trigger.

By the way-

Any word on the Irrigation device fixes?

I had my Irrigation controller go wacky again.

Semed to lock the system up and would not respond to an off command.

Chris,

Both the PLM and ISY blink but the ISY rx & tx LEDS only blink faintly. My program for my AC works very reliably. Also, the blue LED on the EZRain does not blink with the ISY but does blink and work with my x10 remote. I have the EZRain and AC on different circuits, so it may be my problem, but in either event the ISY does not appear to be communicating with the EZRain.

X10 Testing:

I set up a test situation and here are my results:

I have 2 test programs - one is triggered on an X10 On and the other is triggered ON an X10 OFF.

I also have a LampLinc set to the same X10 Code.

Under this scenario, I have not been able to trigger my X10 ON or X10 Off Programs.

I know that I am getting X10 signals because my LampLinc responds to every pushbutton command - both On and Off.

My PLM does Blink with every x10 Command, the ISY does not respond to every PLM Blink. I also have a commanLinc that seems to respond only when the PLM sends a good trigger to the ISY.

I was able to get an applianceLinc to respond before.

My testing Update!

It looks as though the ISY being piggybacked on my PLM may be sucking up my X10 signals enough to make my X10 signals ineffective. I will be testing further.

This has been characteristic of X10 signals and that is why I dropped X10. It may be a matter of stategically plugging in devices so as to not interfer with what the PLM can see and respond to.

Hello C Martin,

Any updates on your testing?

Actually, we have experienced some "intermittent" behavior with the PLM deciding to ignore X10 messages for "while". If you do not yet have PLM v.52, please do call SmartHome for an upgrade which is a little better in handling X10 messages. If they give you any trouble, please do let me know.

With kind regards,

Michel

My testing Update!

It looks as though the ISY being piggybacked on my PLM may be sucking up my X10 signals enough to make my X10 signals ineffective. I will be testing further.

This has been characteristic of X10 signals and that is why I dropped X10. It may be a matter of stategically plugging in devices so as to not interfer with what the PLM can see and respond to.

Michel,

I just talked to Smart Home and they finally told me that they have upgraded the Firmware for the PLM. It was like pulling teeth.

They will not upgrade my PLM because I bought it from Universal Devices when I bought my ISY (as a package).

They cannot return an item that they don't have an order for.

They "kind of" dropped it your lap - Sorry.

What's the next step?

Thanks,

Clarence

Hi C Martin,

Not a problem. I shall have one sent out to you. Please verify your address (tech@universal-devices.com).

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I just talked to Smart Home and they finally told me that they have upgraded the Firmware for the PLM. It was like pulling teeth.

They will not upgrade my PLM because I bought it from Universal Devices when I bought my ISY (as a package).

They cannot return an item that they don't have an order for.

They "kind of" dropped it your lap - Sorry.

What's the next step?

Thanks,

Clarence

Archived