Bypass zone

Alarm in bypass

Outputs

Violated zones

Push messages for alarms

Push messages for trouble on 24 hour zones

Dennis

• 5 weeks later...

I guess that depends on the implementation. If he's going to add direct control of the Elk, then it makes sense to support those both (a la eKeypad) so that those without an ISY can still use his software (expanding his potential market)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

James,

Have you had time to look at adding the Elk?

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Honestly, I have had no time.  been a busy summer with remodel of my basement and all.    I'll get going eventually.  Right now I am just enjoying my time off in the evenings when I'm not working on the house.  

I guess that depends on the implementation. If he's going to add direct control of the Elk, then it makes sense to support those both (a la eKeypad) so that those without an ISY can still use his software (expanding his potential market)

That would be an entirely different product.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

eKeypad supports dozens of systems so you can mix and match devices from different systems on the same screen, and it behaves like one system.

It's the one piece of software I really miss moving from IOS to Android

eKeypad supports dozens of systems so you can mix and match devices from different systems on the same screen, and it behaves like one system.

It's the one piece of software I really miss moving from IOS to Android

I prefer AOS.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

• 1 month later...

So... Since I don't have one of these, I just want to be clear on what is wanted.

Keypad functionality to arm and disarm system

zone status

information regarding zone and area alerts/alarms

I want to start simple, but be able to add functionality.

I would start with in this order.

Arm / Disarm

Arm / Disarm status

Zone alarm status

Zone system status

Those 3 are a good start and I think the most beautiful.

S.A.T.T.P.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm making progress on this.  I have a few questions.  Interface wise.  I don't want to copy MWareman's "Home Alarm" or ML ELK interface.  But I would like to know what you like about each.  I don't have an iProduct so I don't even know what the ML Elk system looks like other then what I can see doing a google search.  

Mobilinc on iOS has a pretty simple Elk interface. Just a big button to arm/disarm and show status, and a list of the zones and their status. It does what's needed.

eKeypad looks more sophisticated and gives you access to inputs and outputs. I believe that it's going straight to the Elk, rather than going through the ISY (as ML does).

James,

How about Armed status at the top with a button to Arm if it is disarmed.

The a list of active zones with the status.

Touching on the status will drill down IF the status is not normal.

S.A.T.T.P.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

OK, I'm making progress on this.  I have a few questions.  Interface wise.  I don't want to copy MWareman's "Home Alarm" or ML ELK interface.  But I would like to know what you like about each.  I don't have an iProduct so I don't even know what the ML Elk system looks like other then what I can see doing a google search.  

I like that a long button press is needed to arm or disarm the system. I also like that you can arm the system in any state. These include: Away, Stay, Stay Instant, Night, Night Instant and Vacation. I've used some programs that don't include all of these, and it's very annoying.

Make sure to check out M1 Touch. It's got a nice interface for controlling the Elk. I particularly like how it shows the system's status via little green and red indicators ...

M1%20Touch%20Interface_zpsgurnzkpm.jpeg

Let's let him get a first version out before we started asking for everything option available.

S.A.T.T.P.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

First of all its a suggestion and second he asked me to post that opinion. Maybe you should look at his first post asking for suggestions as well as the previous people offering them including your own suggestions in this post!

Why is it OK for you to post a suggestion but I can't? Geez

James,

How about Armed status at the top with a button to Arm if it is disarmed.

The a list of active zones with the status.

Touching on the status will drill down IF the status is not normal.

S.A.T.T.P.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Archived