Motion Sensor stops sensing

burakk

I have a 2420M motion sensor, which for some reason the sensor stops working after a day or so. I changed the battery, and moved it closer to an access point to test, same results. If I remove the battery, and leave it out for a few minutes, then reinstall it, the sensor works for some time...

Any ideas as to why?

Burak

I have a 2420M motion sensor, which for some reason the sensor stops working after a day or so. I changed the battery, and moved it closer to an access point to test, same results. If I remove the battery, and leave it out for a few minutes, then reinstall it, the sensor works for some time...

Any ideas as to why?

Burak

What is the voltage on the battery you remove?

Any ideas as to why?

Burak

Don't really know, twice I replaced with new battery... I'll get a voltmeter and check...

That said, the old way of sticking your tongue on the 9 volt battery technique indicated battery is full :D

Hi Burak,

I think this is related to your post where the PLM does not hear events, right?

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas as to why?

Burak

Don't really know, twice I replaced with new battery... I'll get a voltmeter and check...

That said, the old way of sticking your tongue on the 9 volt battery technique indicated battery is full :D

Any ideas as to why?

Burak

My thought was the battery was being drained. But I guess that's not the case.

Hi Burak,

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I doubt it because this problem actually started before the PLM problem, however I am not able confirm this until I get the PLM back online...

Burak

After changing the PLM, and moving the MS to a test location, the unit has not repeated the problems I previously had. I'll move the unit to original location tonight to see if it happens again...

Burak

Hi Burak,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any ideas as to why?

Burak

Archived