Thermostat

TheWabit

How often should the ISY get updated on the temperature and set status of the thermostat? I have looked often and noticed the ISY doesn't match what the tstat says. I have created a program with the fanlinc - the wrong information is not triggering the fan when it should.

One of my several thermostats doesn't always update the ISY. A workaround, if possible, depends on your specific program. Post it here (right click on the program name, select Copy to Clipboard).

Bonus Room Fan - [iD 0038][Parent 0001]

If
        Status  'Upstairs Tstat' >= 77° (Temperature)

Then
        Set 'Bonus Room Fanlinc - Motor' High
        Wait  10 seconds
        Set 'Bonus Room Fanlinc - Motor' Med

Else
        Set 'Bonus Room Fanlinc - Motor' Off

Last time I factory reset both my 2441ZTH stats, as I thought perhaps v5.0.4 may have fixed some parameters not being settable,  I had to factory reset one about 8-9 times before it would link and update properly with ISY.  The newer unit had to be factory reset twice before behaving. Each time different parameters wouldn't work.

Of course ISY has no profile  information (not listed as a device)  for the 2441ZTH, only the 2441TH stat. Sure it reads the model and version from the stat and displays it but no controls work on one and only some do on the older version firmware.

If UDI doesn't have the API to fully support a device in 4+, then the device won't be fully supported in 5+. That's not to say that 5+ isn't more advanced than 4+ nor that 5+ doesn't have more features. But those features are not tied to any particular device.

Having access to a device's set of instructions matters as well as the routines available.

That would have been my two cents until Canada eliminated pennies B)

• 2 weeks later...

So here is an update - I think it is updating now. I did 3 things - don't know which one worked.

1) I had the ISY going through a network switch. I illiminated the switch and went direct to the Ethernet port (although, that Ethernet port eventually gets to a router).

2) Factory reset the Thermostat

3) Removed the Tstat from the ISY and re-added.

Seems to be working.

So here is an update - I think it is updating now. I did 3 things - don't know which one worked.

1) I had the ISY going through a network switch. I illiminated the switch and went direct to the Ethernet port (although, that Ethernet port eventually gets to a router).

2) Factory reset the Thermostat

3) Removed the Tstat from the ISY and re-added.

Seems to be working.

Mine have taken 3-12 tries to link properly.

Congrats on being stubborn!

Archived