New Dot

Paulk8

Typically router signal strength is lower from routers on 5GHz and the signal doesnt seem to be reliable as far away.

Try your 2.4GHz LAN SSID instead.

I am having trouble with mine also and my 2.4GHz band is getting crowded.

Thanks for the info. Switching to 2.4 GHz was the first thing I tried for the Echo farthest from the router. I also tried this for the Echo close to the router, but it also had connection issues so I switched back to 5.0 GHz.

I also have a separate "IoT" wireless access point (WAP) just for my IoT devices, so I don't think router throughput is an issue. Channel assignments between the multiple WAP's might require closer scrutiny. Eventually the IoT WAP will be on a separate sub-net once I finish running some additional required Category cable.

I will just keep an eye on things, and maybe it can be fixed with modifications to my wireless setup

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Switching to 2.4 GHz was the first thing I tried for the Echo farthest from the router. I also tried this for the Echo close to the router, but it also had connection issues so I switched back to 5.0 GHz.

I also have a separate "IoT" wireless access point (WAP) just for my IoT devices, so I don't think router throughput is an issue. Channel assignments between the multiple WAP's might require closer scrutiny. Eventually the IoT WAP will be on a separate sub-net once I finish running some additional required Category cable.

I will just keep an eye on things, and maybe it can be fixed with modifications to my wireless setup

Mark

Sometimes antenna angle can help  penetrate certain RF barriers.

• 2 weeks later...

I solved the connection issue for the Echo Dot device furthest from the router by adding another "IoT" router in my basement, directly below the room where the Dot with connection issues is located. I was able to connect this device to 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi and it has not dropped the connection.

Mark

Archived