Exactly what does "failed writing" mean?

jtara92101

Strange! From the 50 or so Insteon devices i have owned for the last two years+ I have only had on MS that was flakey and sent back for a replacement.

The rest of my Insteon devices all seem to be so much better quality that the X10 stuff that was produced.

OTOH, all my BSR devices still work and look like the day I bought them, and still work just fine with the PLM. Being X10 protocol, and getting more Insteon devices, I try to avoid using them on a regular basis now.

BTW, upon further examination, all of the KPL and SL products I have looked at do have springs. My older devices have shorter, almost certainly weaker springs, and the spring is in a different place, so I initially missed it. I presume the older design was updated because the springs were too weak, and eventually will not push hard enough to make contact reliably.

You will also notice on the latest KPL's that Smartlabs has moved away from the solid copper antenna at the rear of the case to a coiled antenna mounted at the top.

This has increased the apparent RF output to the device as the radiated energy doesn't have to contend with being buried in a metal JB.

Ultimately perhaps one day they will just follow what I suggested seven years ago and that is to place the coiled antenna / solid trace antenna behind the face of the keypad. Just this small adjustment would increase the radiated output three fold. 

Archived