Dear creator of Mobilinc: Have you given up on the android?

Blackbird

The app was $20 and still is.

Reviews on the app in the PlayStore do number a few hundred so that is a basic indicator we both exaggerated.

You request for what is happening is a reasonable request. Your tone is just  demanding and rude as was many following posters.

I would like to see MobiLinc Pro advance to a better app also and fill in some of the gaps that have developed by the ISY and devices changing and upgrading.

I have an Apple? Don't be so insulting. :)  I think Wes has gone over to Apple though.

How much are you willing to pay for Wes to sit for months to upgrade the app I doubt he uses? Another measly $20?

$50?

$100 for a completely new App since the existing one is so bad and useless?

Send him your android phone to develop it on?

Maybe that wasn't the expected caveat?

You act as though he is some little old man making wood carvings as a hobby. I might be wrong as I don't know Wes (maybe you personally know him) but this seems to be a business for him and if you know anything about business, customer feedback is vital whether or not you take it as rude. He should be thanking us for the feedback and praise of this app and see it as a way to improve profit.

Me asking for this app to be improved is not unreasonable, what is unreasonable and ridiculous is your comments that I would lend him my phone to develope on or continue to fund him as if he is only selling to me.

You act as though he is some little old man making wood carvings as a hobby. I might be wrong as I don't know Wes (maybe you personally know him) but this seems to be a business for him and if you know anything about business, customer feedback is vital whether or not you take it as rude. He should be thanking us for the feedback and praise of this app and see it as a way to improve profit.

Me asking for this app to be improved is not unreasonable, what is unreasonable and ridiculous is your comments that I would lend him my phone to develope on or continue to fund him as if he is only selling to me.

Again. Your ask is reasonable and I would like to know, also, but the demanding tone used  and  "whys" demands were rude.

Too hard? N'est ce pas?  ¿Verdad?

You didn't answer the question about what the new app would be worth for you to pay.

Again. Your ask is reasonable and I would like to know, also, but the demanding tone used  and  "whys" demands were rude.

Too hard? N'est ce pas?  ¿Verdad?

You didn't answer the question about what the new app would be worth for you to pay.

You are entitled to your opinion regarding tone. I would be willing to spend $100 on an Android app with full tasker and elk integration that is regularly maintained and updated.

LOL come on Paul - you know he is in Ontario - don't insult him :) And they don't speak Spanish in Quebec, just some weird version of French :)

Cheers,

Alex

Alex, since Michigan has a mature microbrew industry, my years of driving to the Beer Store are over. I'll just stay on my side of the river ;)

Paul

Oh. I didn't realize that they already have an Android version. The bulk of my comments still apply, though. It seems they've already gone through the pain of creating an Android native app, which was probably pretty-much a complete rewrite. Now they have two different apps to maintain with two different sets of tools.

Going to a cross-platform framework now would be another complete rewrite.

It is a LOT OF WORK maintaining parallel iOS/Android native apps! Every new feature is a rewrite on a platform with different APIs and a different programming language.

HYBRID :)

Cheers,
Alex

Hybrid on spell-correction, LOL

I don't understand why none of those developers are not writing Hybrid applications?! Write once - post on all 3 mobile platforms..

Cheers,

Alex

Xcontrol does this. It's basically the same on iOS, android, kindle, etc. but Agave is also an excellent choice for Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are entitled to your opinion regarding tone. I would be willing to spend $100 on an Android app with full tasker and elk integration that is regularly maintained and updated.

I can totally see where Wes is coming from on this. Xcontrol is cross platform and open source. It's certainly not perfect but has ranged in price from $5-$10. I could spend more time on it and maybe charge up to $100 like Agave is doing.

However, even then every time I run numbers on whether or not I want to spend significant time on this it doesn't financially make sense so I spend time elsewhere. There just isn't a big enough user base here to justify it. Even if I get a few thousand to begin with its a one time income unless you do a subscription and everyone hates that. Plus Agave seems to be an excellent android alternative and James is putting some serious time into it.

In the meantime I put the features into xcontrol I personally want and then share with everyone to get enough to take my wife out to dinner. :)

If I saw a path to making significant money I'd put more time in. But a few thousand one time dollars with a lifetime of support just isn't worth it.

I also find myself using Alexa more and more.

Just my thoughts and experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't compare Alexa to a mobile App.

I doubt there is any sane person here that has used an app at home to operate their lights more than a few times to try it for demo purposes. Why would you when you can reach over an tap a switch on the wall as you walk by or actually use your home autmation programs you work so hard to make work.

However, with the Echo this is a regular happening. That is what Alexa is desigend for.

Mobile apps are designed for remote control, not to replacea light switch, a program, or Alexa.

On the other side of the world when you want to check your home to make sure it isn't having it's own personal ice age, Alexa does nothing, especially in your suitcase.

This is like comparing Apples and real computers.

You can't compare Alexa to a mobile App.

I doubt there is any sane person here that has used an app at home to operate their lights more than a few times to try it for demo purposes. Why would you when you can reach over an tap a switch on the wall as you walk by or actually use your home autmation programs you work so hard to make work.

However, with the Echo this is a regular happening. That is what Alexa is desigend for.

Mobile apps are designed for remote control, not to replacea light switch, a program, or Alexa.

On the other side of the world when you want to check your home to make sure it isn't having it's own personal ice age, Alexa does nothing, especially in your suitcase.

This is like comparing Apples and real computers.

Nope even remotely doesn't need apps.. Just lift my hand and talk to Alexa on my CoWatch..

And if you don't have that - you can always just login to your dashboard from any Web browser.. :) Apps are last sentry when it comes to Home automation.. In ge fact AUTOMATION is the key here.. Programs, events, conditions and voice control..

Cheers,

Alex

Following up on my last post here's my latest two cents / recommendation to those who want a good mobile app since everyone has asked me my opinion.  :)

If you want excellent iOS control and are willing to pay for it get Mobilinc.  Wes has a great app.

If you want excellent Android control and are willing to pay for it get Agave.  James has a great app and is improving it almost daily.

If you want a good cross platform app with good Android and iOS control that does the job, isn't perfect but is less expensive then get xControl.

There might be a few others out there but I have experience with the above.  Specially the last one...it does all I personally need.  ;)

Archived