Replaced PLM, will not restore or reset.

Baketech

Apologies for another PLM thread, I have done a great deal of reading searched threads, and have not been able to fix my problem.

My ISY994i has been running fairly stable for the last few years, but recently quit communicating with my devices. Initial troubleshooting suggested a failed PLM, so I replaced it with another 2413S.

I have followed the procedure to restore modem, but it will not complete the process... get an error that says Failed to Reset PLM. Sometimes the devices can be activated briefly from the Admin Console, but then everything freezes and returns to red exclamation points.

My system is fairly small, a dozen or so plug in dimmers and toggle lincs with a Remotelinc 2 and a Keypadlinc which both still are able to control devices and scenes.

Any suggestions where to look next?

Thanks

Don

ISY26/ISY994i

You powered off the old PLM and ISY994i.

Replaced the PLM.

Powered up the PLM.

Then powered up the ISY994i so it could find the new PLM

Restore Modem (PLM). Gets a Failed to Reset PLM error message?

If you have a pro version. Have you turned off automatic updates to battery operated devices?

Wait until SH ships my order first, before you tie them up for a couple of months, with an RMA though. :)

Why not buy from Aartech.ca? They do RMAs directly (no waiting for SH) and actually respond to email/phone...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Why not buy from Aartech.ca? They do RMAs directly (no waiting for SH) and actually respond to email/phone...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

For two items, I have ever had problems with, aartech.ca has been awesome! but this deal was a bit cheaper with the special on the iR adapter plus the 23% off deal.

I really only wanted the iR module cheaper but couldn't justify the exhorbitant shipping costs without padding the order with a few more everyday items.

Yep, green light, still no go.

Moot point now, as after 8+ years of Insteon & Insteon w/ ISY, Ive boxed it all up and moved on to something else.

I've gotten a lot of support on this forum as a lurker, thanks all for the content and help!

Cheers!

Yep, green light, still no go.

Moot point now, as after 8+ years of Insteon & Insteon w/ ISY, Ive boxed it all up and moved on to something else.

I've gotten a lot of support on this forum as a lurker, thanks all for the content and help!

Cheers!

Tell us what you moved to. We are all interested in what others use.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Archived