Mini Remote 8-Scene Functionality

jgcharlotte

KPL buttons do not know what state the device is in. The LED can if you control it from a scene showing the device is on or off but the button toggle sends On-Off-On-Off-On no matter what state the device is in.

The only way to insure it only results (not sends) in a single push toggle is to turn the KPL toggle off, turn on the non-toggle On mode, and use a program to operate the device. The toggle function must be done inside ISY with the program dependent on the status of the device.

Scenes cannot do this or help the button to know what state the device is in. The LED yes, but not the button command signal issued.

KPL buttons do not know what state the device is in. The LED can if you control it from a scene showing the device is on or off but the button toggle sends On-Off-On-Off-On no matter what state the device is in.

That's not how mine work. When I turn on a scene with the ISY the button on the KPL turns off. When I press that button on the KPL the scene turns on and the button turns on.

If I repeat the process, the button still turns on the scene.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

You and the OP already agreed in posts 6,7,8 & 9 that this doesn't work.

Secondary buttons take no commands and do not understand other devices status. The LEDs do, but not the buttons.

I agreed that the remote won't keep up, not that a KPL won't keep up.

S.A.T.T.P.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

In response to the OP post #6

• "Push on/Push off control.  Without having to press twice if the device is controlled by something else, such as schedule, other control, etc."

You replied in post #7

• "But if the remote truned it on it will remember it is on so if something else turns it off, the remote will think it is still on and issue an off command on the first push."
  •  

The problem is the KPL toggle mode being used, and using only scenes does not allow a solution to that problem..

In response to the OP post #6

• "Push on/Push off control. Without having to press twice if the device is controlled by something else, such as schedule, other control, etc."
You replied in post #7
  • "But if the remote truned it on it will remember it is on so if something else turns it off, the remote will think it is still on and issue an off command on the first push."
The problem is the KPL toggle mode being used, and using only scenes does not allow a solution to that problem..
We moved on to talking about a KPL in post 18.

S.A.T.T.P.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

LOL. OK. I thought we were discussing the KPL.

I never use toggle mode on my KPL or mini-remotes and they function exactly the same except for the linking mode in the KPL, that never gets used with ISY.

We are discussing the KPL now. Not the mini remote. The only time the mini remote will keep sync is a few seconds when it is active.

I've considered gutting one to see if I can keep the radio on and see how long it will last.

S.A.T.T.P.

Best regards,

Gary Funk

Archived