Setting Z-Wave Configuration Parameters using your browser (REST)

Chris Jahn

This is great. Thanks for sharing. For anyone using Yale locks, I found the configuration parameters listed here. I've now added a network resource to enable 'Privacy Mode' as part of my goodnight program. And then the next morning the lock is set back to normal mode. 

• Like 1

I primary have Insteon and have been getting more and more into Zwave. I have 4 doors and a garage door with sensors. I bought a Dome Siren and can program it to turn on and off when a door opens but cannot control the volume or get to the different chimes for different doors. Is there anyone that can walk me through this? I am using isy 4.6.2 and don't know where to start.

I found the configuration parameters for the Dome Siren listed here: link

It looks like there are 10 different sounds available (parameter # 5) so you could have a program for each door that first changes the sound (using a network resource) and second tells the siren to chime. You might have to put a short wait in between the two actions to ensure that the chime gets changed before going off. 

EDIT: 

Here is an example of the http command you'd put in your network resource:

1) Network resource to change tone:

http://{ISY IP Address}/rest/zwave/node/{Node Address for ZWAVE device}/config/set/05/{HEX}/01 

Where {HEX} is ) 0x01, 0x02, 0x03,…, 0x0A 

2) Network resource to change volume:

http://{ISY IP Address}/rest/zwave/node/{Node Address for ZWAVE device}/config/set/01/{XX}/01 

Where {XX} is 01 (low volume), 02 (medium volume), or 03 (high volume) 

You'll need to add an authorization header to both of these resources and enter your ISY username and password. I'm assuming your ISY is on port 80. If not, you'd need to add the correct port. You can find your z-wave node address by clicking on it in the device tree in Admin Console. 

Edited by nathagt
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

From my ISY994 iz. The 60 minute interval is much too long especially since when the lights are on and a request is issued to report the luminance, one may have to wait a full hour before it reads again and is dark enough to trigger the program. I am using a level of less than 10 luminance along with motion detected to trigger my occupancy program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, frank said:

From my ISY994 iz. The 60 minute interval is much too long especially since when the lights are on and a request is issued to report the luminance, one may have to wait a full hour before it reads again and is dark enough to trigger the program. I am using a level of less than 10 luminance along with motion detected to trigger my occupancy program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you referring to? Are you asking for help about something