Program ? Communication failures

grossmd

A few things of note:

1.  About a month ago, an electrician moved some circuit breakers around in one sub-panel (due to a replacement of the sub-panel).

2.  Sometime in the last month, the system started getting flakey and gradually got worse.

3.  I noticed that two of my three access points went bad.

So far, I have done the following:

1.  Replaced the PLM (and yes, I followed the instruction very carefully on this).

2.  Purchased three range extenders and made sure that at least one of them was on a different phase (verified with the 4-tap + blinking green lights)

3.  Tried restoring devices

So some devices are responding while other devices are not responding.  While it is much better than it was, I'm still seeing several devices not responding.  Many of these devices are on the same gang (same circuit too of course).  The range extender is within a few feet of these devices which are also dual band devices.

I'm perplexed as to what to do/try next.

I tried deleting one of the devices that the system can't communicate it with and re-add it.  However, when trying to re-link it, the system doesn't see it even in linking mode.  It is strange because this device is installed right next to a few other switches that the system communicates fine with.  Several switches in different places are in the same situation.  I find it highly unlikely that 8 switches would all go bad at the same time.  I even tried a factory reset on the switch and that didn't help either.  Any other ideas or diagnostics that I should try?

I tried deleting one of the devices that the system can't communicate it with and re-add it.  However, when trying to re-link it, the system doesn't see it even in linking mode.  It is strange because this device is installed right next to a few other switches that the system communicates fine with.  Several switches in different places are in the same situation.  I find it highly unlikely that 8 switches would all go bad at the same time.  I even tried a factory reset on the switch and that didn't help either.  Any other ideas or diagnostics that I should try?

What are the loads on the problematic devices? It really doesn't matter if other devices have similar loads.

I am having similar communications problems.  Actually it has been all over the place.  Problems first started with sensors not triggering programs.  Then a few days later I had exclamation marks on every device.  I followed the procedure mentioned earlier of unplugging the PLM and ISY.  Exclamation marks went away.

Now a few minutes later when I select options for sensors or wireless switches which forces communication to these devices, it fails.  This is where it all started.

What would be interfering or failing with wireless communications to ALL the wireless devices?  I have dual band switches all over the house.

Stats:

The PLM links table has a count of 235 and my hardware (ISY and PLM) are about 3 years old.  Replaced PLM/ISY cable. I have changed nothing else except for adding some LED bulbs however that was at least a week before my problems started.  ISY is at v4.3.26 and PLM at v9b.

Appreciate any help .. thanks ...

Not likely - far more probable that this is the standard PLM capacitor failure.  There's a lengthy thread here on repairing the PLMs, if you're good with small components and soldering.  Otherwise, the best next step is to order a replacement to cover you for the next two years (you got an extra year on your original one - lucky you!)

Archived