Many comm issues with devices

So I went through my house and did the beacon test.

Most did not blink as they're older devices.

One SWL blinked downstairs.

I have a wiring diagram and know what devices are on what phase.

I still have issues with the (newer) KPL

When i program other KPLs to do the same things they do it fine.

The KPL seems to be working for some programs but not for others

And I have a non toggle off LED button that still remains lit (it triggers an ALL OFF scene) unless I trigger that scene from another KPL, then it shuts off.

Should I just reset or factory restore it and start again to see if it works properly?

Before I replaced my PLM it worked fine.

It is a newer device as well so it's not getting old and burning out.

Drew

So I went through my house and did the beacon test.

Most did not blink as they're older devices.

One SWL blinked downstairs.

I have a wiring diagram and know what devices are on what phase.

I still have issues with the (newer) KPL

When i program other KPLs to do the same things they do it fine.

The KPL seems to be working for some programs but not for others

And I have a non toggle off LED button that still remains lit (it triggers an ALL OFF scene) unless I trigger that scene from another KPL, then it shuts off.

Should I just reset or factory restore it and start again to see if it works properly?

Before I replaced my PLM it worked fine.

It is a newer device as well so it's not getting old and burning out.

Drew

It could be that Canadian electrical system not giving you ALL the phases, there but don't let that phase you :)

Have you tried a few things?

• Querying the device links and clicking on compare? Do a restore if they don't match.
  • Switching the phase they are connected to and retesting to see if the "old device" isn't true for that unit?

Hi Larry

I know how to Query a device but I'm not sure how to query device links and compare them to ?

And when you say switch the phase I'm assuming you mean to switch two devices that are on different legs of the service.

And then Query?

(again, I've Querried devices that had red exclamation marks beside them in the ISY GUI but never had any data to compare.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Drew

Hi Larry

I know how to Query a device but I'm not sure how to query device links and compare them to ?

And when you say switch the phase I'm assuming you mean to switch two devices that are on different legs of the service.

And then Query?

(again, I've Querried devices that had red exclamation marks beside them in the ISY GUI but never had any data to compare.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Drew

When you query the links for a device and get a list of them there is a compare option at the bottom that will compare them with what ISY thinks should be in them according to your setup.

Some use the term "leg". "Phase" is the term you used in your post.

The test you used tests for the device on the same phase or not. To change the phase you would have to plug the devices into the other "leg" of your service to make them the same as the initiating Insteon device for re-testing, to prove they do not have the phase detection feature. 

Archived