I setup Amazon Echo last week, now it is offline.

nickp

So, I got my ISY last week, and started setting it up.

Taking things slowly, and just playing with one or two devices to start with.

I setup the Amazon Echo, and linked it through the portal.

I could see the ISY was online.

Over the weekend, I hooked up remote access using MobileLinc Pro.

Got that working.

Today I hooked up two new devices - the first in a room with an Echo/Dot device.

I went into the online portal (which was working on Friday) and it says offline.

it says offline since Saturday at 2pm - which is about the time I hooked up the MobileLinc portal.

Is there a compatibility issue running both portals?

Thanks, Nick.

Universal-Devices tech support got back to me - VERY FAST.

They explained the same thing, and immediately gave me a refund.

They did the back-end thing to make everything work again.

They showed me this article about getting the Mobilinc Pro to work with the ISY portal.

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_MobiLinc_Configuration

Great support, still love the product!

• 3 weeks later...

I have 6 echos in house all 6 went off line at same time its a know issue to amazon, most of the time just restart them, tech I spoke with had same issue as well once restarted they should work fine. My internet worked fine with everything else except echo but again its a known issue, a simple restart should fix it.

I have 6 echos in house all 6 went off line at same time its a know issue to amazon, most of the time just restart them, tech I spoke with had same issue as well once restarted they should work fine. My internet worked fine with everything else except echo but again its a known issue, a simple restart should fix it.

My Echo and two Dots always seem to reconnect just fine without any intervention from me.

Maybe they updated your firmware and it needed a better reboot. One of mine updated a week ago.

The tech i spoke with from amazon said she personally has this product and had same issue at times where you just need to reboot. A computer brain ****, rather a code issue but a simle reboot fixes it, maybe i had a bad update idk but all i had to do was restart everyone. only had issue once where every dot went offline at same time. Had dot for 1.5 months only issues i had besides voice commands

The tech i spoke with from amazon said she personally has this product and had same issue at times where you just need to reboot. A computer brain ****, rather a code issue but a simle reboot fixes it, maybe i had a bad update idk but all i had to do was restart everyone. only had issue once where every dot went offline at same time. Had dot for 1.5 months only issues i had besides voice commands

I just found a few dozen devices listed with French names. Forgot all the devices, and did another discover that resumed where I had left it with proper names and count.

Strange thing is, I never did a discover while this problem was ensuing.

Archived