1011 Error on ISY Console repeatedly, and a sluggish linking process with add-on KPLs

mvgossman

Normally creating links has not been a problem but at a couple locations I keep getting the "1011" green arrow after a period of writing. See photo. The strange thing is, when finished the link is working with the switches. Multiple "write updates to device" attempts don't make the flag go away.

Perhaps related, I have three KPLs, including this one, which are piggybacked on top of another switch, i.e. a new hole cut in the wall and the KPL powered by splicing into the power supply for other switches. In these three locations, communications are anything but "Instant" like INSTEON is supposed to mean, you press the button and it takes anywhere from half a second to a second or even two to respond.

So, are these issues related?

Any cure for the sluggish responses from KPLs that aren't replacement switches but rather added on in this way?

I've tried everything looking for interference sources and moving the ISY has made no difference.

post-1080-0-22789500-1480017452_thumb.jpg

Thanks, actually what started this was loss of a link between that KPL and a different scene, I had to remove the device, factory reset it, convert to 8 button, add device again, and now creating the links again and encountering more issues with the 1011. I just factory reset and restored and a bunch of 1011s resulted. I factory reset it, removed, and added it back in and even just adding that Island Switchlinc results in that device showing 1011. Multiple update commands no change.

I do have one transformer in the house, but it's off. However, I air gapped that switch and still won't update and get rid of that 1011 green flag.

Don't know if it's important but the KPL is V.29 and the Switchlinc is V.27. I'm about ready to replace the KPL to see what effect that has. Maybe the SL also. We did have a power surge recently that fried one SL elsewhere, maybe one of these or both is now faulty.

ISY994i is v. 4.5.1, not sure if it'd help to upgrade.

I just tried moving the ISY994i to another location, no change.

There may be something you didn't think of on the same circuit at the errant device. A phone charger, an electronic device? Turn off that circuit to determine what else loses power.

Edit: Upgrades do not resolve issues. In fact, it's always better to resolve any issue prior to upgrading.

Thanks, actually what started this was loss of a link between that KPL and a different scene, I had to remove the device, factory reset it, convert to 8 button, add device again, and now creating the links again and encountering more issues with the 1011. I just factory reset and restored and a bunch of 1011s resulted. I factory reset it, removed, and added it back in and even just adding that Island Switchlinc results in that device showing 1011. Multiple update commands no change.

I do have one transformer in the house, but it's off. However, I air gapped that switch and still won't update and get rid of that 1011 green flag.

Try doing a scene diagnostics which will give you a log (hopefully) showing where the problem is.

Low voltage transformers can inject significant noise when turned on. That makes them easy to turn on and hard and slow to turn off. Everything nearby might operate more slowly when it's on.

Test things with the transformer off only. Did everything improve?

Archived