Multiple Android house

MarioLanning

I'm still in my trial, it's a keeper but I need to know since me and the husband both have separate google accounts do we have the ability to "add a device" pay like $10 or something to have multiple accounts that control the same ISY. if so how, if not may I suggest you add a "key" option so we are able to have multiple inhabitants? 

I'm still in my trial, it's a keeper but I need to know since me and the husband both have separate google accounts do we have the ability to "add a device" pay like $10 or something to have multiple accounts that control the same ISY. if so how, if not may I suggest you add a "key" option so we are able to have multiple inhabitants?

One way to solve issues like this is to set up a shared Google account and make purchases through that account.

I'm Gary Funk and I approved this message.

This is very understandable.  I have had requests for this for a while now and I am still working out a way t accomplish this with the least amount of user data that I can.  As it stands the only way for me to accomplish this on my end is store the ISY UUID and the purchasers access levels.  (This would require that Contacts permissions remain active on the device) which has been a concern of many people. I would then query this data when the device loads to see if the device is connected to an ISY that has a current and active purchase level and return that same access back to the secondary devices.  

While as easy as this sounds it requires me to host most sturdy servers so that request are not lost and to prevent downtime.  I also am hesitant to store any information that I don't have to.

An alternate method would be for me to create a purchase option online that would allow users to purchase codes for specific access levels and I could discount the price based on previous purchases.  

All in all I would prefer if google implemented a family purchase option for in app billing then I could avoid all of this.

In the meantime, private message me after your have completed your purchase and we will discuss options.  

This is very understandable. I have had requests for this for a while now and I am still working out a way t accomplish this with the least amount of user data that I can. As it stands the only way for me to accomplish this on my end is store the ISY UUID and the purchasers access levels. (This would require that Contacts permissions remain active on the device) which has been a concern of many people. I would then query this data when the device loads to see if the device is connected to an ISY that has a current and active purchase level and return that same access back to the secondary devices.

While as easy as this sounds it requires me to host most sturdy servers so that request are not lost and to prevent downtime. I also am hesitant to store any information that I don't have to.

An alternate method would be for me to create a purchase option online that would allow users to purchase codes for specific access levels and I could discount the price based on previous purchases.

All in all I would prefer if google implemented a family purchase option for in app billing then I could avoid all of this.

In the meantime, private message me after your have completed your purchase and we will discuss options.

James,

Is it possible to purchase license keys and use the "Family Library?"

I'm Gary Funk. Pay no attention to this message.

• 3 weeks later...

This is very understandable.  I have had requests for this for a while now and I am still working out a way t accomplish this with the least amount of user data that I can.  As it stands the only way for me to accomplish this on my end is store the ISY UUID and the purchasers access levels.  (This would require that Contacts permissions remain active on the device) which has been a concern of many people. I would then query this data when the device loads to see if the device is connected to an ISY that has a current and active purchase level and return that same access back to the secondary devices.  

While as easy as this sounds it requires me to host most sturdy servers so that request are not lost and to prevent downtime.  I also am hesitant to store any information that I don't have to.

I have bought it, MarioL

Also, if you need server space let me know, I own a data center and could provide you some server space if needed. We have multiple gigabit fibers and its not much of an issue to create a VM on our dell FX blade servers.

Archived