Cannot Determine Insteon Engine

Hi - 

I have an 994i with v.4.5.4 installed.  Everything was working fine when suddenly the ISY lost communication.  Eventually I decided to factory reset the PLM and the ISY as I have a small setup.  The PLM is relatively new and is showing connected.

Whenever I try to add a new device, I get an error that says cannot determine Insteon engine.  I have 4 switchlincs, 2 dimmer switchlincs, a KPL, fanlinc and an access point in a ~900sq ft apt.

I'm almost positive that I just have not reset things in the appropriate order.  This seems to have started after I installed the 4th switchlinc, but timing could just be a coincidence.

Help!

Robin

Hi - 

I have an 994i with v.4.5.4 installed.  Everything was working fine when suddenly the ISY lost communication.  Eventually I decided to factory reset the PLM and the ISY as I have a small setup.  The PLM is relatively new and is showing connected.

Whenever I try to add a new device, I get an error that says cannot determine Insteon engine.  I have 4 switchlincs, 2 dimmer switchlincs, a KPL, fanlinc and an access point in a ~900sq ft apt.

I'm almost positive that I just have not reset things in the appropriate order.  This seems to have started after I installed the 4th switchlinc, but timing could just be a coincidence.

Help!

Robin

Try removing power from both the ISY and the PLM

Then power up the PLM, wait about 10 seconds then power up the ISY. Did that help?

It's possible your PLM is failing. What is its date code and version?

Archived