Day Month Year

kirkfrey

Is there any version of 5 that is "friendly and reliable"? While I've had my ISY for years I am just a user and want it to work as intended. I don't have much time for testing as it were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are all pre-beta and not feature complete or stable.... Yet. Plenty of brave souls are running it, I choose to keep it to a secondary non-production ISY until it's more stable.

Is there any version of 5 that is "friendly and reliable"? While I've had my ISY for years I am just a user and want it to work as intended. I don't have much time for testing as it were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a good backup file, you could try v5.0.7 for the least problems.  few admin console errors on bootup and a few devices not showing status. All Insteon programs work properly AFAIC.

If you have too many trouble you could reinstall 4.5.4? and use the Restore to resume where you started from. May take an hour or so. I have no Zwave and it would be a bigger concern to do this, from  reading others reports.

I have never had a system hang, or an  undesired (that wasn't my fault) operation from even the worst of the v5.0.x alpha versions, yet. Totally stable, just not complete or without useless errors popping up.

Archived