OutletLinc Turning Off Randomly

TVC15

I too have noticed this issue this year. I had to switch to a plug in lamplinc. Is this due to the load of the Christmas tree being too much?

I have plans to relocate the outlet to a location used for lamps instead.

Shame it is, that I can not use the outlet as planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have noticed this issue this year. I had to switch to a plug in lamplinc. Is this due to the load of the Christmas tree being too much?

The outletlinc dimmer can switch up to 300watts...same as the lamplinc can. That sounds like a lot for tree lights.

What is the load... regular tree lights, LEDs, something else? Can you estimate the total load in watts? 

My outletlincs have proven to be more sensitive ot line noise than other insteon devices, causing unpredictable behavior. Do you have a plug in filter that you could test with this, between the lights and load.... (that probably defeats the aesthetic purpose of having the outletlnc, but is something to try).

Also, if they are LEDs, try plugging something else in addition like a lamp to test with the tree lights. Does that change anything?

Paul

The OutletLinc dimmer is meant for incandescent loads only. Controlling anything else may not give the results you expect.

BTW, an LED tree is nowhere near the capacity of an OutletLinc dimmer.

Archived