Now that thats out of the way.

James Peterson

I think I have gotten ELK support for the most part pushed out and added some decent features for the fall.  I will be taking some time to myself for a bit, bit I wanted to start the topic up for next feature.   Most of the features I want from this point on will take up a lot of my time as I don't know how to do them and will have to "wing it", so I can not guarantee them coming to fruition.  

*Landscape mode:  This will be done next.  It will just take time creating the appropriate layout resources

1) Voice

2) Wear - to include geo locating similar to iBeacon

3) Video camera - This will start with only Insteon branded (foscam cameras) initially

I think I have gotten ELK support for the most part pushed out and added some decent features for the fall.  I will be taking some time to myself for a bit, bit I wanted to start the topic up for next feature.   Most of the features I want from this point on will take up a lot of my time as I don't know how to do them and will have to "wing it", so I can not guarantee them coming to fruition.  

*Landscape mode:  This will be done next.  It will just take time creating the appropriate layout resources

1) Voice

2) Wear - to include geo locating similar to iBeacon

3) Video camera - This will start with only Insteon branded (foscam cameras) initially

Thank you. I am really looking forward to landscape! You rock!

Elk thermostat support please. It's the biggest thing holding me up from switching completely from M1 Touch.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Send James a topology dump and a node dump of your thermostat.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php?/topic/20405-Reporting-Bugs-and-Requesting-Features

Go to the above link and you can learn how to request features and send a node dump.

I'm Gary Funk and I wrote this message.

Send James a topology dump and a node dump of your thermostat.

This is true. I can't add it if I don't know what it looks like. I am building support for this all third party. I don't have an elk system myself.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I really want to have support for folders/groups/rooms or whatever you wish to call it. I have scenes placed in folders by room so I can easily find scenes. I would like to see this in Agave so I can go to the room folder and have the scenes listed for that room.

Thank you.

I really want to have support for folders/groups/rooms or whatever you wish to call it. I have scenes placed in folders by room so I can easily find scenes. I would like to see this in Agave so I can go to the room folder and have the scenes listed for that room.

Thank you.

I just want to reiterate this point about Agave.  I designed it and continue to design it so that I don't have to see multiple nodes belonging to the same object.  

Example: Thermostats, motion sensors, anything with a battery.  Enabling the folder views would take a step backwards in what I am trying to accomplish.  I very well understand that many people are heavy into these and use them for grouping devices into rooms, types, and even node types.  For example a folder with all of the battery level nodes.  In my Agave these would not show up without extra work.  I prefer to show the object as a complete build and not in parts as most other apps and how the admin console works.  In the admin console I can see the benefit, but in Agave and a mobile app I feel that even seeing these objects as broken up pieces steps backwards in the simplicity that I am attempting to provide.  

That being said: I can turn it on and i have a build that does just that, it looks ugly and the main reason why I so happily left that ML.

I have included 6 images of 3 objects.  one image of a separated view and one of the merged view I naturally display.

post-4839-0-29801800-1482297661_thumb.png

post-4839-0-81016100-1482297661_thumb.png

post-4839-0-55753000-1482297662_thumb.png

post-4839-0-36807000-1482297663_thumb.png

post-4839-0-12968700-1482297664_thumb.png

post-4839-0-86733600-1482297730_thumb.png

I want to be able to group devices by room with out having to create a new profile. What you described above isn't anything I'd ever want.

I want to be able to create a "group" inside a profile that I can add scenes to. Then be able to switch the group.

d2eee36b805603b53564d35acea8c470.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Feature votes:

-widgets. If done right, it could eliminate the need for other features, like camera support. I could put a tinycam widget next to an agave widget for a garage door.

- landscape. Critical for anyone with dedicated tablets for the house.

-home tabs, mentioned in the previous post. There needs to someway to organize the home screen.

Feature votes:

-widgets. If done right, it could eliminate the need for other features, like camera support. I could put a tinycam widget next to an agave widget for a garage door.

Widgets would require a continual subscription, or a push service. The former is what Agave currently uses, and it's very heavy on the device battery. The latter would require the developer to run a server or two, and this costs $$, likely requiring a subscription fee, which would be an issue for some users who purchased the $100 all-access pass.

Also, with Tinycam you can now have 4 buttons linked to Tasker profiles... I have many now using my Tasker tasks (documented on the wiki), but for many direct Tasker triggering of Agave would be easier, and take advantage of Agaves auto network switching.

I'd *love* to see a proper push service, but for me the priority should be Tasker integration. If Tasker could tell Agave 'Go refresh device xx', then we could use Autoremote on the Android device to receive events from the Network module on ISY.... No need for continual polling....We could setup our own push service for the handful of devices we care about, rather than having to receive all events...

It would be awesome if UDI could send the push message from the portal if that is possible, then it could be a small​ additional fee for the portal.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

The ISY Portal only receives events if there is a client actively connected to the portal listening for them. This is to minimize resource usage.

I'd also like 'portal-initiated network resources', but that's wheat we were told when this was suggested a while ago.

• 4 months later...

This is true. I can't add it if I don't know what it looks like. I am building support for this all third party. I don't have an elk system myself.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but here's some details on the Elk thermostat.

The API is here:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Developers:API:REST_Interface#Thermostat_Commands

Relevant section from

/rest/elk/get/topology:

<topology>
  <tstats>
    <tstat id="1" name="Main Floor"/>
  </tstats>
</topology>

Instruct ELK to query the thermostat:

/rest/elk/tstat/1/query
<RestResponse succeeded="true">
  <status>200</status>
</RestResponse>

Retrieve the status of the given thermostat:

/rest/elk/tstat/1/get/status
<status>
  <te type="191" tstat="1" val="1"/>
  <te type="192" tstat="1" val="0"/>
  <te type="193" tstat="1" val="0"/>
  <te type="194" tstat="1" val="19"/>
  <te type="195" tstat="1" val="22"/>
  <te type="196" tstat="1" val="22"/>
</status>

Set the heat/cool mode to auto:

/rest/elk/tstat/1/cmd/1?value=3
  <status>200</status>
</RestResponse>

Set hold temperature to on:

/rest/elk/tstat/1/cmd/2?value=3
  <status>200</status>
</RestResponse>

Set fan to on:

/rest/elk/tstat/1/cmd/3?value=3
  <status>200</status>
</RestResponse>

Set the cool setpoint to 23C:

/rest/elk/tstat/1/cmd/5?value=23
  <status>200</status>
</RestResponse>

Set the heat setpoint to 20C:

/rest/elk/tstat/1/cmd/6?value=20
  <status>200</status>
</RestResponse>

Let me know if there's anything else you require, or if you need access to my system for testing.

Archived