Keypad buttons status to match device conditions

Michaelv

I'm sorry if I'm dense, but I've read the follow-ups on this topic and I still can't get a the fix. I have a night scene that contains several SL's controlled by a KPL. It works great! The problem that I can't get fixed is that if any of the SL's get moved at all while the scene is set will do as it is supposed to, it turns that particular light to the then asked for level. It leaves the KPL button (non load) ON. I just can't figue out what code to write that will turn the scene OFF (because one SL is not in compliance. There are 8 SL's involved so any fix will have to be written for each SL.

Again, sorry for my not getting it!

aLf

Rand:

Could you post an example.

aLf

I'm sorry, I read your question wrong. It will take Ands and Statuses.

Put all your buttons into Scene 'KPL Button 4'. Add an And Status for each SL.

If
       Status  'Living Room East Wall' is On
   And Status  'Living Room South Wall' is 40%
   And Status  'Living Room Track Lights' is 40%

Then
       Set Scene 'KPL Button 4' On

Else
       Set Scene 'KPL Button 4' Off

Rand

Rand:

Thanks. So the old way of having the KPL button as a controller wont work? Right now I have a scene that hass all the SL's as responders and the KPL button as controller. When I trigger the scene with t he KPL the players allalign as they should. Problem is that when any of the SL's are changed, even a few %, I'd like the KPL button to go out. So I'm stumped as to how to remove the controller (KPL button) so it can reflect staus of the scene? What will turn the scene on?

Actually, you leave the scene exactly as-is. The program exists only to "correct" the status of the KPL for you.

Rand's program would work fine, but personally I'd do this:

If 
       Status 'KPL Button 4 Device' is not Off
 And  ( 
         Status  'Living Room East Wall' is not On 
   Or Status  'Living Room South Wall' is not 40% 
   Or Status  'Living Room Track Lights' is not 40% 
         )

Then 
       Set Scene 'KPL Button 4' Off 

Mike & Rand:

I'm really scrathing now. Here is what I did...

If

Status 'KIT KPL G' is not Off

And (

Status 'Antlers' is not 35%

And Status 'Collar Tie SW' is not 36%

And Status 'Fireplace Downlight' is not 51%

And Status 'Irma Lamp APL' is not On

And Status 'Kitchen Cabinet Above' is not 38%

And Status 'Kitchen Cabinet Below' is not 31%

And Status 'Kitchen Island Pendant' is not 20%

And Status 'Kitchen Sink Pendant' is not 22%

And Status 'Stairway Sconce Loft' is not 27%

And Status 'Stairway Sconce Lower' is not 27%

)

Then

Set Scene 'KIT KPL G Sync' Off

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')Note that "KIT KPL G Sync" is a scene that only contains the KPL G as a responder.

It doesn't work!

aLf

OK, disregard, I inadvertantly had "ands" instead of "ifs". Now it works, but initially the G button goes out immediately. I have to re-pres the G button in order to hav it reflect the status of the scene. I'm assuming that it is evaluating faster than the status of each SL can register! Any ides on how to work around that?

aLf

As always, thanks to you guys. This place is unbelievable! I've never seen a collection of superb and briliant guys. Starts at UD management and trickles down through t he user ranks. :P

As always, thanks to you guys. This place is unbelievable! I've never seen a collection of superb and briliant guys. Starts at UD management and trickles down through t he user ranks. :P

If we were so smart we would have told you about the Wait before you discovered you need it, but thank you anyway!

Rand

• 3 months later...
MV,

If this is only a single light, then create ONE scene and put the following in there all as controllers:

SWL, KPL C, KPL D, and IRLinc

In your All On/Off scene, put:

KPL C, KPL D as responders

You do not need any programs.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi, it is the week end again so I attempted to put into practice what you have offered. I must admit I got quite lost when you guys started getting more and more sophisticated with your programming. I could not follow it. Maybe some day I will be able.

Maybe if I started off with a simple scene or program, I could then get up to speed a little at a time.

Here is what I would like to try and do.

I have a single light controlled by a switch link dimmer (A). The same light is also controlled by a secondary key pad button (B) via a scene. The light is also controlled by an IR Linc through a remote control button© and the same light is part of a scene controlled by another secondary Key Pad button (D).Furthermore, the same light (A) is part of an “all lights off at midnight†program. How will I keep the Keypad Status up to date when any of these controllers turn the light on and or off. I already 14 Key pads installed and I intend on installing at least another 20. I really hope there is an easier way to keep the status updated correctly. We are talking almost 300 buttons!! I really would hate to write a program or create a scene for that many!!

I hope the guys at UDI could write a program that would do this for us.

Thanks in advance.

MV

I am trying to get this. Simple example. I have a table lamp, it is linked to KPL.D. It also is part of an all off scene and a movie lighting scene. The all off scene is KPL.C in non toggle mode and will turn off all the lights in the Living Room regardless of what is on. The movie scene is triggered by a RemoteLinc.5 It seems to me that I should track status with a program in the ISY but this post by Michel makes me wonder if I am missing something more elegant. I tried putting the KPL.D in the movie scene as a responder, but that did not work as the table lamp has an on level of off for the movie scene, and the KPL.D gets turned on then. Is it different if the KPL.D is a Controller vs Responder? Can a KPL secondary be a controller of more that one scene?

Hello Illusion,

Since you want the button to turn Off when your scene is turned On the only way is to use a program.

Buttons (and switches) can only be a controller of a single scene but can be responders to hundreds of scenes.

Rand

Archived