Upgrading from 99 to 994i

Hi,

Returning noob not very tech savvy - trying tp upgrade from an existing ISY 99i to 994i. So  I can add, replace etc.

Would like it to be as plug and play as possible (keep scenes, links & programs if possible).

when I plug the new 994i into the same setup -it cannot be found on the network.....so

when I plug the old one back - easily found.

I'm using a 2412 s - which still works if I can find the old 99i?

thx sdg

Hi

Just to be sure you have them, these are the directions (which don't help with your immeadiate problem)

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series:Migrating_To_Your_ISY-994i

The immediate problem is most likely related to the new ISY's network presence on your network. Try this video: 

The 2412s is ok to use with your existing Insteon network. Be aware, based on newer standards in the newer 2413S... it supports extended Insteon messages to access additional features and the 2412 doesn't. There are complications with going to the 2413S too, so if you are happy with your existing insteon network adn are not adding new Insteon devices in the near future, I would stick with the 2412

Give this a try and let us know what happened

Paul

Archived