Gray Device Update Icon

HABit

post-8696-0-57226000-1483470034.jpgA motion detector just showed up with a grayed-out "pending device update" icons. The MD has been in remote management mode for some time working OK. I've never seen this device write icon mode before so I'm guessing that it means that the MD is not receiving configuration update message ACK's. Is this a correct guess?

post-8696-0-57226000-1483470034.jpg

The MD is still sending motion and dark messages.

Remote management jumper in place.

Battery not low/just changed.

Thanks.

What does the grayed-out device update icons mean?

- ISY doesn't get Ack from device writes;

- ISY thinks remote management is not turned on.

I probably missed this somewhere but I haven't seen a description of this icon indication.

My understanding of the meaning of these little icons appears is same as yours. The only thing that I can think might have recently changed would be that you have disabled automatic write updates at the ISY admin panel. This assumes you have the pro version. This setting is global and there is one for battery devices and one for external powered devices. It is a little icon along the top menu bar.

Thanks oberkc.

I do have the automatic updates button in the "Disabled" position, but I believe that in this mode updates are "held" by the ISY until you either right-click the device and select the "Write Updates..." option, or issue the Write Updates command from a program.

I think that the MD is in the early failure stages. Whether this is due to the internal microcontroller I/O line not reading the jumper correctly (but the MD was working fine in remote management mode previously), or just device component failure, I can't tell. The MD is only 1 year old so kind of disappointing.

I'm going to try Stu's suggestion to see if it restores the device, but why it failed, ???

This icon is something I've never seen before. Periodically this happens. Having used an ISY for years (but admittedly not as much as many here), sometime I see some new feature, etc and don't exactly know what it means/does etc.

This is all from memory, but I recall that the ISY would also write updates at next opportunity. I understand that such opportunities can occur during a short time after motion triggers and, once triggered and the write-update window opens, the ISY would initiate the update. I assume, also, that the automatic update buttons would need.yo be enabled.

Or...It could be a looming device failure.

Archived