Amazon Echo Device Name

jwagner010

When I first set up my echo in the ISY portal and added devices and scenes the name for each device and scene I added defaulted to the name of the device or scene as it was named in the ISY (all good).  Today I went to edit some of these Amazon Echo mappings in the ISY portal by adding alternative spokens and when it saved the name in the ISY portal changed to the spokens for scenes and for devices it remained as the device name in the ISY.  This makes it terrible confusing to maintain the list of devices/scenes in the portal.  I liked it when the ISY portal named each mapping consistent with the device or scene name in the ISY itself, not the spokens.  When was this bug introduced?

Also when you download your ISY Portal mapping to the csv file, the scenes now don't populate their name in the csv file.

My alexa app and portal app work just fine. No bug there and maybe some confusion in realaying the problem.

Did you mean the discovered names in the alexa app?

If so, go to the bottom of the discovered devices and click "Forget all" then discover again.

No in ISY portal.  Go to your ISY portal, click on Tools->>Connectivity->>Amazon Echo.

Then from the list that comes up, click on one of the Scenes you have mapped, and add an alternative spoken to that scene, save it and look at the new scene name in the list of scenes and devices and you will see the problem.

No in ISY portal.  Go to your ISY portal, click on Tools->>Connectivity->>Amazon Echo.

Then from the list that comes up, click on one of the Scenes you have mapped, and add an alternative spoken to that scene, save it and look at the new scene name in the list of scenes and devices and you will see the problem.

Wow!

I don't use scenes for Echo at all but decided to try it. Absolutely right and good catch!

I added a scene with one spoken. Saved. No problem. Reloaded just fine and normal.

Added a second spoken to the scene and saved....gone!

Reloaded the spoken sub database...MIA.

Attempted to use the scene name again, highlighted to indicate already in use.

I attempted to add a spoken and save it....complained entry already exists.

I dumped the portal page and reloaded it again...no luck and now it hangs the android chrome browser.

I loaded portal again and switched over to Desktop site, to get the full webpage...same eefct, it hangs the device list off the screen top and will not recover.

Tried the same thing with Win 7 IE11x32 and device not listed, but shown highlighted but webpage functions OK.

ISY Portal bug!

Didn't happen here. I added "kitchen" to the scene already named "kitchen light," Shut down the portal, discovered devices in the Alexa app, tested using both "kitchen light" and "kitchen." Both worked. Logged back into the portal, both spokens were still there.

BTW, spokens added to the ISY directly are ignored by the portal.

Didn't happen here. I added "kitchen" to the scene already named "kitchen light," Shut down the portal, discovered devices in the Alexa app, tested using both "kitchen light" and "kitchen." Both worked. Logged back into the portal, both spokens were still there.

BTW, spokens added to the ISY directly are ignored by the portal.

Mine work it is just the naming convention of the scene in the portal list that gets screwy when you add an alternate spoken to a scene (nb this behavior is just for scenes not for devices)

Go to your ISY portal, click on Tools->>Connectivity->>Amazon Echo.

Then from the list that comes up, click on one of the Scenes you have mapped, and add an alternative spoken to that scene, save it and look at the new scene name in the portal list of all scenes, devices, programs, etc you have mapped and you will see the first column called Name, for Scenes it is naming them by the spoken words and for Devices it is naming them based on the device name in the ISY. It used to be this name column would use the ISY scene or device name from the ISY.  Also the Amazon Echo list in the portal doesn't download correctly from the portal for scenes when you add a alternate spoken to them now

I see that now. Even if the additional spoken is removed, the portal lists the primary spoken in the name column. And the Alexa app lists the scenes with the new spokens, not the scene names. But, that's correct as far as the Alexa app goes.

BTW, removing the additional spoken in the portal does not restore the scene name, Deleting the scene and adding it back fixes that.

I see that now. Even if the additional spoken is removed, the portal lists the primary spoken in the name column. And the Alexa app lists the scenes with the new spokens, not the scene names. But, that's correct as far as the Alexa app goes.

BTW, removing the additional spoken in the portal does not restore the scene name, Deleting the scene and adding it back fixes that.

After performing the second spoken add I cannot acces the device anymore to edit or delete it.

It's caught in limbo, with no access to it, until a fix comes out.

After performing the second spoken add I cannot acces the device anymore to edit or delete it.

It's caught in limbo, with no access to it, until a fix comes out.

Did you add the second spoken to a device or scene? I do see that you mentioned a device, just making sure. Do you not have access from the portal or the Admin Console? Or do you mean the Alexa app?

Did you add the second spoken to a device or scene? I do see that you mentioned a device, just making sure. Do you not have access from the portal or the Admin Console? Or do you mean the Alexa app?

Sorry, I meant scene.

I have never used a scene before and just did this to test the bug report. Now the one I have is not accessable, as soon as I added the second vocal. :(

Thanks for the bug report.

I was able to reproduce the problem, and this is now fixed.

For those entries that are incorrect, please just edit and re-save them, the ISY name will be refreshed. Then, on the next Alexa discovery, the ISY name will be picked up as well.

Thanks,

Benoit.

For those entries that are incorrect, please just edit and re-save them, the ISY name will be refreshed. Then, on the next Alexa discovery, the ISY name will be picked up as well.

Thanks,

Benoit.

Thanks Benoit!

Very fast response and highly appreciated.

Sent from a tiny keyboard. Response may be brief.

Thanks,

Benoit.

Sorry Benoit.

It didn't fix it, for me. I can't get access to the entry to edit it or remove it. It seems the vocalbase index is out of synch with the entries file.

I have tried refreshing the webpage, refreshing the vocalbase, and it still doesn't show up.

Yet, the scene name is still highlighted in the pulldown device menu but refuses to be overwritten with "Device already exists" when I try to force it as a new entry.

The scene name is "All Lights Upstairs (17374)" and has two spokens, which I cannot remember or see.

The search can't find it either.

UPDATE: I just did a download and the file shows the vocalbase entry messed up without a name entry.

• ,17374,scene,every light,every other light

The display routine will not display an entry with a blank name, so I can't select the entry, to edit or remove it from the file.

Other Portal bugs:

• Variables used are not highlighted in the pulldown menu list, as other categories are.
  • Duplication displays "Device already has a spoken" instead of "Scene already has a spoken"
  • Displaying 100 entries, when returning to the list screen, displays off the top of the webpage and it is not accessible or scrollable to access titles or items in that section.

Thanks!

Sorry Benoit.

It didn't fix it, for me. I can't get access to the entry to edit it or remove it. It seems the vocalbase index is out of synch with the entries file.

I have tried refreshing the webpage, refreshing the vocalbase, and it still doesn't show up.

Yet, the scene name is still highlighted in the pulldown device menu but refuses to be overwritten with "Device already exists" when I try to force it as a new entry.

The scene name is "All Lights Upstairs (17374)" and has two spokens, which I cannot remember or see.

UPDATE: I just did a download and the file shows the vocalbase entry messed up without a name entry.

The display routine will not display an entry with a blank name, so I can't select the entry, to edit or remove it from the file.

Other Portal bugs:

• Variables used are not highlighted in the pulldown menu list, as other categories are.
  • Duplication displays "Device already has a spoken" instead of "Scene already has a spoken"
  • Displaying 100 entries, when returning to the list screen, displays off the top of the webpage and it is not accessible or scrollable to access titles or items in that section.

Thanks!

Hi Larry,

Please make a search for "every". It should find it.

Having an empty name, which is the first column, is precisely the bug that was solved. When the name is not there, the UI should still show the line, but using the spoken as the name. If you still have difficulty with this entry after doing a search, please PM me your uuid.

Other bugs:

This is on purpose. This allows you to enter multiple spokens for the same variable, but with different turn on values.

Thanks, this is now fixed.

Which browser are you using?

Please PM me a screenshot.

Thanks,

Benoit.

Sorry Benoit.

Other Portal bugs:

Thanks!

Hi Larry,

Please make a search for "every". It should find it.

Having an empty name, which is the first column, is precisely the bug that was solved. When the name is not there, the UI should still show the line, but using the spoken as the name. If you still have difficulty with this entry after doing a search, please PM me your uuid.

Other bugs:

This is on purpose. This allows you to enter multiple spokens for the same variable, but with different turn on values.

Thanks, this is now fixed.

Which browser are you using?

Please PM me a screenshot.

Thanks,

Benoit.

Thanks Benoit!

"every" found it. I deleted it. I did many scans for it but always looking for the element name, not the spoken.

Variable highlighting. understand now and it makes sense not to restrict them to one set of spokens. Thanks!

The menu pulldown appears to based on bottom of the screen and the problem computer is a Win 7 Netbook with an odd 1024 x 600 (not 800) resolution. Works fine on a usual resolution screen. Also the problem is not a huge problem because the close at the bottom is still accessible for recovery each time. No lockup. Thanks!

The device/scene/variable denotation was minor and I did see all were treated with the same text, later.  "Element" could have done for all too. :)  Thanks!

Archived