Motion sensor causing "ALL ON" event! Again!

keribi

I had this issue about a year ago with a MS causing a ALLON event where all insteon devices turn on.  I replaced the defective MS and all was fine til today another ALL ON event.  Anyone else have this issue with the MS?   Very annoying problem with a lot of devices.

I had this issue about a year ago with a MS causing a ALLON event where all insteon devices turn on.  I replaced the defective MS and all was fine til today another ALL ON event.  Anyone else have this issue with the MS?   Very annoying problem with a lot of devices.

In three years only it happened to me only once with 10 MS units.

I had just recently added a known technique problem and since corrected it hoping it will never happen again.

Simply put,...  while the MS signal is repeating several times (normal behaviour)  over a few seconds, never send  out any Insteon signals from ISY.

This means ISY should immediately send out a lamp on signal upon MS commands detected.

Use a scene between the MS and the lamp and have ISY only time it off again.

There are wiki write ups, from UDI, on this problem and what to do about it.

Check your MS batteries, Some of the MS send a continuous ON signal, instead of a low battery signal, when the battery voltage is low.

Not sure if this has been corrected in the recent firmware / hardware release of the MS

Archived