Devices stuck "writing"

I have been having some communication issues with some of my devices and it seems to be getting worse. I have tried to "restore devices" and have all my insteon devices relink to eachother, but each time I do this more devices get stuck in the writing state (see attached image).

I am currently running an isy994i with firmware v.4.5.4

Even after I updated the firmware the devices still show that they are writing.

I am thinking I need to just wipe it clean and rebuild it from the backup? I am really not sure what caused this to get hung up.

post-1450-0-50301900-1484667249_thumb.png

Hi-

Which PLM (2412 or 2413) do you have? How old is it? This is potentially a PLM problem if the PLM is +2 years old because many devices are exhibiting a problem at the same time, and also the problem gradually getting worse over time. You can try "Restore Modem (PLM)" from the file menu  If that works, it might be temporary if the PLM is dying.

The other more remote possibility is that there was a major electrical event on your system like a nearby lighting strike, that could affect many devices at the same time.. but less likely as the cause

Paul

So yes, the UI and the firmware are the same, but that might not have been the case when this started.

the PLM is 2412S v3.1 it is pretty old (probably 7yrs). I will try a clean and restore and see what that does, I think if that doesn't work I will get a new PLM.

Thanks guys.

So yes, the UI and the firmware are the same, but that might not have been the case when this started.

the PLM is 2412S v3.1 it is pretty old (probably 7yrs). I will try a clean and restore and see what that does, I think if that doesn't work I will get a new PLM.

Thanks guys.

Plan on replacing the PLM. Most of the older units have a tendency to fail after about 2 years. You'll need a 2413S.

The newer PLM's don't supply power to the ISY so you'll also need an ISY power supply

Just to add some more clarity to what Techman noted regarding the power supply. The ISY Series Controller can accept a wide voltage range from 5-30 VDC. I am sure you will find lots of old power supplies falling in that range. 

Archived