A folder

aLf

I have a few lights that are used in different scenes if you will.  Here is an example.  I have a very elaborate outdoor landscape lighting system.  It is on from sunset to 10PM.  Simple.  I have a program for that.  This Christmas I added my door lights to the scene.  After the holiday, I want the door lights off unless needed.  Can I have a folder that runs SWL 1, SWL 2, SWL 3 to do as I want in a folder that runs from 12/1 to 12/31.  Then have SWL 2, SWL 3 run separately in another folder for the summer landscape?  I assume that they can be used in separate folders, unless they contradict each other?

Also, can a folder be set up for a  period, say April 1 to October 25 of any year?  I only see a date specific to a MMDDYYYY.

Thanks.

I accomplish a simiar thing by having one program that turns things on and two that turns them off

• The "on" program always turns them on under the same conditions, dusk.. also can be turned on with a double click from 2 switches.

• The "off" programs control 2 scenes.. one with all premise lights, landscape lights, lamps and decor, and one that only has exterior lights and lamps. 

It runs another program to check and see if its the days surrounding Christmas, if it is, it uses the "Yard lights and lamps off -xm" scene so that the tree, decor items and Christmas yardlights stay on all night, but the lamps and premise lights are still turned off.

Its 2 relatively small programs, so i don't have separate folders and folder conditions.

The trickier part is, to get the month / day only, so it works the same way every year with no changes, I had to use io_guy's ISYlink software either V4 isylink, or v5 nodeserver. I'm not sure how to do that in V4 without isylink... on v4 it will simply update 2 variables you specify each day.. it will be the same thing with folders

Here are the "off" programs.

This runs every day at 1am, .. it first checks to see if its Christmas

Lights and Lamps Off - [ID 0005][Parent 0006]

If
        Time is  1:00:00AM
     Or Time is Sunrise

Then
        $Christmas_Holiday_Month  = 'Zystem / isydata' Month                   (V5 statement, but can be done in V4 with ISYlink)
        $Christmas_Holiday_Day  = 'Zystem / isydata' Day of Month              (V5 statement, but can be done in V4 with ISYlink)
        Run Program 'Lights and Lamps off Xmas' (If)
        Wait  15 minutes  (Random)
        Set Scene 'Yard / Yard and Lamp Security / Yard light and lamps off' Off

Check to see if its the days surrounding Christmas

Lights and Lamps off Xmas - [ID 004A][Parent 0006][Not Enabled]

If
        $Christmas_Holiday_Month is 12                                                 (Is it the right month/ days?)
    And $Christmas_Holiday_Day >= 23                                                   (If yes run this program, if no return)
    And $Christmas_Holiday_Day <= 27               

Then
        Wait 15 minutes (Random)
        Set Scene 'Yard / Yard and Lamp Security / Yard light and lamps off - xm' Off
        Stop program 'Lights and Lamps Off'                                             (Keep the original program from completign)

I do a slight variation on Paul's setup. I have 3 seasonal variables (Summer, Winter and Xmas).

- Summer season --> Summer = 1, Winter = 0 and Xmas = 0.

- Winter season --> Summer = 0, Winter = 1 and Xmas = 0

- Xmas season --> Summer = 0, Winter = 1 and Xmas = 1

I then make copies of the ON programs so that I have 3 similar programs but I test for the 3 variables in the IF statement.

I then use a program (in v5.0) to set the time variables every day at 1:00am.

Today's Date - [ID 013E][Parent 013F]

If
        Time is  1:00:00AM

Then
        $Day  = [Current Day of Month]
        $Month  = [Current Month (Jan=1, Feb=2, etc.)]
        $Year  = [Current Year ]

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Then I call on those time variables to set the seasonal variables as needed... here is an example setting the Xmas variable to ON

Setting Xmas Variable ON - [ID 0143][Parent 0141]

If
        Time is  8:00:00AM
    And (
             $Month is 12
         And $Day is 15
        )

Then
        $iSeason.Summer  = 0
        $iSeason.Winter  = 1
        $Xmas.Lights  = 1

Else

Here is an example of the Xmas Lights ON program

Lights On Xmas - [ID 003E][Parent 00E7]

If
        Time is Sunset 
    And $iSeason.Summer is 0
    And $iSeason.Winter is 1
    And $Xmas.Lights is 1

Then
        Set Scene 'Back Lights' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set Scene 'Front Lights' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set Scene 'Front- Garage Soffits' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set Scene 'OutDoor Xmas Timers' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        $iLights_are_ON  = 1

Else

Archived