Detect when you arrive home without hacking your router

502ss

I wanted to share my prototype physical setup in case anyone is thinking of this or wants to build off of it a "better mousetrap" :)

First I tried just handing the magnetic piece of the triggerlinc from a string and lining that up on the windshield was not fun and the efforts offset the benefits.. I do not recommend wasting your time on a string device. The contacts don't line up properly all the time so it is not reliable. 

A little gear in my head was turning and I came up quickly with the design in the photos.. I ran a furring strip across my opener & rail with a small section in the middle screwed down with 2 pieces just for width. Then I had a real nice flat rectangular piece of long plastic lightweight that came in a box for my front screen door as a protector. I saved it figuring I would put it to use one day. You could use anything really and I was thinking a wooden dowel at first. Something where if you walk into it by accident would not really hurt anyone. I still want to put some kind of ball over the end. Maybe something golf ball sized but hollow to do so. 

Any questions feel free to ask or PM me.. It seems very reliable even though it is only a day..  

I don't know why the pictures come up turned here.. sorry

post-8690-0-63869200-1485986277_thumb.jpg

post-8690-0-08158800-1485986296_thumb.jpg

post-8690-0-43079500-1485986299_thumb.jpg

Best,

Stan

Archived