Unsupported Device 3.17; New PowerLinc Rev 2.3

pjjameso

My PLM bit the dusk last week so ordered a replacement from SmartHome.  Its a PowerLinc Modem Serial Interface (Dual Band) 2413S Revision 2.3 4216.  Error keeps coming up with unsupported device if I manually select add new PowerLinc or try via the set button on the unit.  Any thoughts on how to correct?

My PLM bit the dusk last week so ordered a replacement from SmartHome.  Its a PowerLinc Modem Serial Interface (Dual Band) 2413S Revision 2.3 4216.  Error keeps coming up with unsupported device if I manually select add new PowerLinc or try via the set button on the unit.  Any thoughts on how to correct?

You don't add the 2413S PLM . . .

Please follow this excellent document Paul B created to help facilitate the replacement process: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/19331-my-plm-died-and-i-bought-a-new-one-what-should-i-do-next/

Hi Teken,

Im not using it as a PLM.... it hooked up to a serial port to a Pronto RFX 9600 controlling lights,etc.  Previous versions of the PowerLinc were properly classified when Linked.  Is anyone else using this version of a PowerLinc and had it recognized by the ISY? 

BTW the device is working properly, just shows unsupported in the ISY Admin Console.

Poked around a bit more after Teken's suggestion above... Appears the old PLM version shows the same message in the Admin Console, Unsupported Device 3.17.  Guess I just never noticed as everything was working properly...

Thanks for the assist!

Hi Teken,

Im not using it as a PLM.... it hooked up to a serial port to a Pronto RFX 9600 controlling lights,etc.  Previous versions of the PowerLinc were properly classified when Linked.  Is anyone else using this version of a PowerLinc and had it recognized by the ISY? 

BTW the device is working properly, just shows unsupported in the ISY Admin Console.

Could you offer a little more insight about the Pronto RFX 9600 and what it does for you in your setup. I am intrigued to say the least!

Poked around a bit more after Teken's suggestion above... Appears the old PLM version shows the same message in the Admin Console, Unsupported Device 3.17.  Guess I just never noticed as everything was working properly...

Thanks for the assist!

Glad it was all sorted out - Rock On . . .

Hi Teken,

The Pronto rfx9600 is sending the commands from the pronto 9600 remote to trigger scenes. Have a few setup, movie time, intermission, reading, etc. Pronto remote controls all the AV equipment and NAS with icons for TV channels. Works extremely well, aka meets the wife acceptance factor!

Archived