Communication issues with 2474DWH

MarkP

Hi

I have an Insteon system with about 35 devices.  Most are dual band devices, but one switch had only 2 wires so I used the 2 wire RF switch.  It has been working fine for a number of months, however recently I started to have issues.  It is controlled by a motion sensor, and became intermittent in operation, and now does not respond to the motion sensor at all.

It works fine locally (ie mechanically), and I can reliably control it directly from the ISY994i console, or from Mobilinc on my phone.  When I do an ISY query on the switch, however, or try to restore it, I get a "Failed Communication With" message.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark 

Hi

I have an Insteon system with about 35 devices.  Most are dual band devices, but one switch had only 2 wires so I used the 2 wire RF switch.  It has been working fine for a number of months, however recently I started to have issues.  It is controlled by a motion sensor, and became intermittent in operation, and now does not respond to the motion sensor at all.

It works fine locally (ie mechanically), and I can reliably control it directly from the ISY994i console, or from Mobilinc on my phone.  When I do an ISY query on the switch, however, or try to restore it, I get a "Failed Communication With" message.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark 

What type of load is the switch controlling? 

Archived