Looking forward to using the Polyglot Node Server for such an integration. Is there a general ETA when the Beta release will be seen this year? In the provided link you offered there was talk about stream lining the whole (Polyglot) process. Has someone started on the path to create a RPi image where all a person needs to do is change a few network parameters?

I can't stress enough investing the time and resources to get such a thing done will surely increase and speed the adoption rate of such frame work.

After reading countless threads with some of the smartest people having basic to advanced issues just to get the system up and running.

Isn't something I would consider plug and play which ultimately affects public adoption for the average user.

I found it easiest to just use the pre-built binaries and not try to check out from git.  This is on my rpi.  Then I setup a script (found here on the forum) to auto-start the polyglot on boot up.  I also have a little script that I can run to update the binaries from git.

That has made it pretty easy to maintain and I get to ignore all of the complexity of git and compiling, etc.  (I failed going the route of git and compiling in the early days and switched to the pre-built binaries and have been happy since.)

I found it easiest to just use the pre-built binaries and not try to check out from git.  This is on my rpi.  Then I setup a script (found here on the forum) to auto-start the polyglot on boot up.  I also have a little script that I can run to update the binaries from git.

That has made it pretty easy to maintain and I get to ignore all of the complexity of git and compiling, etc.  (I failed going the route of git and compiling in the early days and switched to the pre-built binaries and have been happy since.)

Thanks for this - That little nugget wasn't made clear in anything I have read thus far. I am really looking forward to seeing 5.XX Beta released sometime this year! Besides node server support I am eager to have precision values to convert all the whole numbers in place now.

As noted in my other thread about the Alexa Custom Announcements its really odd hearing Alexa call out numbers that should be a few decimals over.

Having her say the hallway temperature is 210'C vs 21.0'C is very odd to hear!

Larry showed me how to use some basic math to convert the whole values in the past. But at this juncture having hundreds of variables in place made no sense investing the time to convert them all. So, I shall await patiently for 5.XX Beta to be released into the wild and go from there. 

I've been hesitant to go the polygot way as I was hoping I could do everything through ISY network resources without implementing another RPI program that is constantly checking for variables from my ISY.

I see someone here posted how to load a specific file, THANK YOU, that is what I needed. Now with the play command, I should also be able to turn off repeat though correct, because I do not want my announcement playing over and over again. 

I was hoping I could stash an audio file in the web space on my ISY and somehow cajole a NR and Sonos to play the file from there.  I haven't figured out how to configure an http resource to have Sonos grab the file, as Sonos always coughs up a "permission denied" response.  Maybe this can't be done, as I haven't found a shred of documentation on what that NR would look like.  I'd like to eliminate the NAS on my network, and just let the ISY web server serve up the audio file.  If anybody has an idea on how to make this work, I'd love to hear it!

Any progress on this as I am also trying to eliminate my NAS.

It appears that if my external drive goes into sleep mode or power stand-by, the first time an announcement is triggered, it does not make the queue before the "play" command.

Adding a large wait command may help but is not the proper solution.

Each additional trigger works perfectly once the drive is awake.

Using the little humble RPi there is no need to store anything on the ISY Series Controller. Even though that would be great to see -But in my situation the controller is already maxed out so this isn't something I could do, even if it was.

I appreciate all the ideas, solutions, and cross talk on similar methods . . .

At this juncture this project is going to be shelved until I complete other more pressing matters. In the next three weeks I shall have my new Beta weather station which will enable me to have hyper local environmentals. Just finishing up the last 45 defined spoken phrases via Julie U.S. for those weather conditions.

2017 is really starting to look awesome with respect to tight integration of home automation of lighting, energy, water, weather, security, and force protection!

All via voice control and reactive feedback . . .

Archived