-5012 and -170001 errors

MarkJames

Does anyone know what the meaning of the -5012 error is and how it relates to the related number in the Message field?  Also what causes the -170001 error?

My .js website uses websockets.  It works perfectly but I generate a lot of errors in the ISY error log.  I'm not experienced with sockets and am getting quite a number of -5012 errors that have something to do with UPnP and quite a number of -170001 errors.

Any help - particularly from those with js programming experience - would be much appreciated.  I just need a push in the right direction to sort these out.

mark

-5012 UPNP SUBSCRIBER NOREPLY TO EVENT 1 subscriber didn't reply to the event:couldn't write header

I don't see -170001, but

-170000 WEB_MODULE_NO_FREE_SPACE

Thanks Michel.

At the risk of asking questions outside the scope of ISY support I have a couple of things that maybe you know the answer to?

Does it matter if the client doesn't gracefully unsubscribe?  In other words are these error messages just 'interesting' or should I do something about them?

At the moment what I'm doing is the user can manually close the socket or the socket will close automatically when the window or tab closes.  My procedure for handling that is to call socket.removeEventListener() and then socket.close().  I assumed that regardless of what happens - the socket would close gracefully.  Apparently I don't understand this very well (and that's not very surprising).

If this isn't something you're comfortable answering perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Actually two more questions....

what would this error mean?    
Sat 2017/02/11 08:51:35 PM System -170001 [uDSockets] RSub:24 error:6

and what would this error mean?  
Sun 2017/02/12 11:06:15 AM System -170001 UDQ:Queue Full: IPOLLWAKEUP : Task[9] SOCK SOCK-PROC pty=27

Hi MarkJames,

1. It only matters if you want to have immediately release of resources used by ISY for subscriptions. If not, not only you would get that error but also you would get the -170001 (information) about the socket (RSub = Regular Subscription) not being active (waiting for the client to close = 6).

2. UDQFull means that you have too many events in that Queue. That queue is for Network Resources so you might be putting more than 30/second network resources in the queue.

With kind regards,
Michel

Archived