Indicator for KeypadLinc Non-Toggle-Off button not going off

DerekN

I have a KeypadLinc set as six buttons.  The ON/OFF button controls some under-cabinet lights in the kitchen, the other four buttons are Non-Toggle-Off and they control scenes that turn off various parts of the house.

The Living Room, Bedrooms, and Outside buttons work fine -- the rooms go dark and the indicator blinks and turns off.

However, the Family Room button does not quite work -- the room goes dark, but the indicator does NOT blink and it stays on.  Admin Console says the button is Off.  Admin Console also says the button is controller and responded to the Family Room Off scene.

The only consideration is that the Family Room Off scene turns off the kitchen as well, including this KeypadLinc's ON/OFF button.  Also, for full disclosure, the KPL has no load, the ON/OFF button controls a scene to turn some LampLincs on and off.

Is this known behavior?  Or maybe the KPL is broken?  I had the same issue in HouseLinc, but since I've moved to ISY I had to rebuild the network from scratch - ouch.  Or maybe I should say that HouseLinc got corrupted too many times.

I have a KeypadLinc set as six buttons.  ...

However, the Family Room button does not quite work -- the room goes dark, but the indicator does NOT blink and it stays on.  Admin Console says the button is Off.  Admin Console also says the button is controller and responded to the Family Room Off scene.

I too have this issue. I can make the button a non-toggle off and attach it to nothing, it works as a non-toggle off, blinks and goes off. I make it the only controller of a scene to turn off most devices in the home, it does that but just stays lit. I tried programming to get it to go ff (should not have to) that does not work.

I just removed all of the devices from the scene. Next I will make the button a controller of that scene and go form there.

I too have this issue. I can make the button a non-toggle off and attach it to nothing, it works as a non-toggle off, blinks and goes off. I make it the only controller of a scene to turn off most devices in the home, it does that but just stays lit. I tried programming to get it to go ff (should not have to) that does not work.

I just removed all of the devices from the scene. Next I will make the button a controller of that scene and go form there.

UPDATE:

I removed all devices from the scene and began rebuilding, one thing at a time. I had seen another thread where someone had said it had to do with controlling buttons on the same KPL. After each device so far, it is working correctly. I then add the three other buttons it needs to turn off on the same KPL, no problem after each one. I hafta leave but will finish it tonight.

FYI - this is now resolved for me.  And it was odd.  Background - I just rebuild my whole Insteon network.  I had being using HouseLinc for many years, crashed and burned my whole network to the ground too many times - OK maybe that's a little hyperbolic.  But I finally got around to using ISY.  I added all the devices using the default "Remove existing links", so everything should be cleared.

My eventual solution was to factory-reset the KeypadLinc and do a Restore Device.  Now it works like it should.  There must have been some odd setting in the KPL that wasn't completely cleared by the "Remove existing links".  For remotes, my normal process was to factory-reset them before adding them (because they were all program-locked and wouldn't go into linking mode otherwise).  But I didn't think I needed to factory-reset hardwired devices.  Geez.

Side note:  I'd tried moving from HouseLinc to the PC version of ISY many years ago, but the fonts were too small to read and the color scheme was even worse.  Luckily they've fixed this a bit, but the UI could still use a lot of work.  They need to hire or at least consult with a UI expert.  Programmers should never be allowed to design UIs (FYI I am a programmer...)

Archived