Fantastic Job with ISY Portal and Echo/Alexa Support

db2ace2

I just want to say Thank You to everyone at UDI that has worked so hard to make the ISY Portal and Alexa/Echo product support work so well. When I first learned about Echo and even filled out a Survey about it, I thought I would never use a product like that because I thought it would be weird to sit around my house and talk to my lights, At my age I am probably all to close to doing things like that even without technology! But now that I have it set up and working it;s the best thing that has happened to ISY in the past several years in my opinion.  I am probably going to finally get rid of all of my X10 Palm Pads, and go 100% with using Echo to control lights and other devices. Eliminating the Wireless issues makes the whole ISY experience work so much better. I go to bed at night and simply say "Echo Bedtime" and all of the house lights go off. I can turn whole rooms or single lights off and on with a simple voice command.  Wow I never would have thought this would be so wonderful. Everyone using an ISY needs to have an Alexa or Echo Dot in multiple rooms, and no I do not work for Amazon. This is simply something every ISY user needs to get involved with ASAP. I realize there are always things to improve in any product but this is really a great step that should keep ISY going for many more years to come.  Keep up the Great Work on this type of Technology!

Kudos to Everyone! Job well done!

• Like 5

Strong concurrence with the above. Already ISY can do so much more than I expected, and I have barely scratched the surface of possibilities. I have to admit I thought PLM was dead, and me with $1000 of X-10 and insteon devices), but with ISY, I think the importance of some of the aftermarket cures for known PLM problems (Jeff Volpe's offerrings come to mind) and the addition of Z-Wave, ISY bridges the needs nicely... and the addition of Alexa voice control etc is almost icing on the cake. My wife has always viewed my forays into HA with some skepticism, but to hear her call commands to Alexa when she thinks I cannot hear is heartening. Even she is liking the newest addition of Alexa voice control, plus the other offerrings Alexa offers (kitchen times are a popular plus).. Mobilinc is also a nice addition, though I am running the android version without the cool voice feedback.

Happy to have found ISY and UDI !

Edited by glacier991
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...

I, too would like to chime in with my thanks for UDI's efforts in integrating with Alexa. I can remember when Amazon first announced the Echo to Prime members. I immediately wrote Michel to encourage him to work with Amazon to coordinate a cloud-to-cloud voice control solution for ISY. He is to be commended for showing the foresight to place a priority on this development effort. I couldn't have hoped for a better outcome. I feel that integration has cemented ISYs' place in the crowded Hub market. We have seen hubs come and go, many with considerably higher capitalization. My ISY has proved to be a very smart investment. Thanks again, Michel.

• Like 4