ISY Troubleshooting

adam48

Need assistance troubleshooting an issue.

Select programmed timers randomly stopped work 2 weeks. Unable to use MobiLinc Pro app and amazon/alexa. 

When I log into admin console either I automatically get 20 pop ups unable "cannot communicate with xyz device" of all devices. Or they pop up one at a time each after 10 to 15 seconds. Unable to connect to anything. Unable turn anything on or off from admin console.  

It would appear to be a PLM issue.   My PLM is 4 months old.  However I ordered a new one, same issues with connectivity.  I put in a new micro sd card, and used an old backup, same issues.  Replaced cable from ISY to PLM twice (5e cable) still same issues.

cleared java numerous times. reloaded java link to admin console

The admin console is showing the PLM connected.

firmware and UI are 4.5.4

My 8 button insteon keypads still turn devices on and off and the closets have insteon sensor that turns lights on and off, and there are no signal issues outside of ISY.

Am I missing something?   Could the actual ISY unit go bad?

desperately seeking advice!

Did you follow the instruction on how to replace the PLM?

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/19331-my-plm-died-and-i-bought-a-new-one-what-should-i-do-next/

Have there been any changes in the home? Like a new electronic device or moved an existing electronic device.

Is the PLM on the same electrical circuit as the computing equipment? If it is are you using a filter to isolate the computing equipment from the PLM?

If you have lots of inbound network device streaming to the ISY Series Controller. A quick test is to unplug all of them and see what happens from there. Keeping in mind you need to hard reboot the controller afterwards to see. If there are no inbound calls / subscriptions being made the next step is to disable *ALL* programs in your system.

Once that is done I want you to hard reboot the controller again and reply back what happens . . .

not sure what you mean about inbound streaming.  no video or such.  I disabled all programs and did hard reboot.  Same thing.  

Nothing works.  None of the devices are found.  After a few minutes am now getting this error message "Socket open Failed java.net.SocketTimeoutException

not sure what you mean about inbound streaming.  no video or such.  I disabled all programs and did hard reboot.  Same thing.  

Nothing works.  None of the devices are found.  After a few minutes am now getting this error message "Socket open Failed java.net.SocketTimeoutException

Hello Adam48,

Apologies for not being precise - If you have the ISY Series Controller sending to or (receiving) any sort of data from a cloud hosted service or a local network appliance.

I want you to disable  / disconnect them from the (to) the controller . . .

If you absolutely have no inbound / outbound connections leading to the ISY Series Controller. And (ALL) programs are disabled in the program folder would you please unplug the 2413S PLM. Power down the controller and wait about 30 seconds - insert the PLM back, wait 10 seconds, then reapply power to the controller.

What are the results? Keeping in mind all program should be in a disabled state.

No cloud hosted service or local network appliance.  When I added new SD card I used an old back-up that I had no problems with.  I still have not setup the portal link for amazon.

I did unplug the PLM and power down/recycle/restart per above instructions. (all programs are still disabled)

I did get one insteon device to come on, been a second later it said check connection, and unable to turn off.

When I login admin console, it is busy is trying to do something for a about a minute.  only a few devices are available. The rest say check connection (exclamation point).  I tried another available device (turn on) and it quickly said check connection.  Most devices have the exclamation point, while others have the green symbol "1011"

Another odd thing, is when you click on a device,  (turning on the hall light), there is no "status" of the device.  There is little box that says current status, but it is empty.  I have query on restart checked.  It's odd this field is blank

In regards to stuviews (post 2) I answered.  There is no recent changes other than removing a printer.  The ISY is plugged in same outlet as dsl modem/router.  Has always been with no issues.  There is no real computing equipment.  

the result of step 7 was outlined in step 9.

Still not working.  In addition I keep getting a java socket error when in admin console.  Also none of the devices are querying.  Also the admin console is getting buggy and freezing after a few minutes, not changing tabs, or doing requested actions.

I have cleared java, and downloaded the java app link to admin console.  when the admin console freezes, I reload the admin console link and the Isy Finder is not finding my device.  I have to power cycle the ISY and then click refresh on Isy finder for device to appear to open admin console again.  I have tried multiple times.  

That's the result of having the wrong IP address or port number. What's the result if you ping the IP address (do not include the port number).

Pinging 192.168.0.112 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.112: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=60
Reply from 192.168.0.112: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=60
Reply from 192.168.0.112: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=60
Reply from 192.168.0.112: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=60

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.112:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 18ms, Average = 8ms

I only can connect via admin console, I have checked router and it is the correct address.  (matching ip address on isy config page)  
port is 80.. 

Archived