OFFICIAL Release 2.7.0 is now available

MikeB

Nope, no traffic on the network. I'm doing this late at night, no motion sensors in the system (yet!). It always errors out at the exact same location each and every time.

So I went back to the old PLM ---- did the exact same thing, this time, it completed at the point where the other one woudl error out. Strangely, now my old PLM only shows 264 links, whereas it was over 400. A quick spot check now shows that none of my scenes are working with the PLM, but device state's are --- I'm now going to have to do a complete network restore....

This is a new PLM purchased in Dec 2008 from SH.... I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work past 400 links..

Brian

Hi Brian,

Two observations:

1. During a restore, there may be devices that you cannot communicate with and thus you get a Request Failed. But, this does NOT mean that nothing worked. It simply means that some of the devices could not be restored. To this end, when you restore your PLM next time, please open the Event Viewer to level 3 ... you will see which devices failed and then you can fix them later

2. As Rand suggested, when you read PLM links, if there are any type of network traffic, the PLM stops its count. So, the best way to count links is if you have no traffic on the network

Please keep us posted with your progress.

With kind regards,

Michel

Nope, no traffic on the network. I'm doing this late at night, no motion sensors in the system (yet!). It always errors out at the exact same location each and every time.

So I went back to the old PLM ---- did the exact same thing, this time, it completed at the point where the other one woudl error out. Strangely, now my old PLM only shows 264 links, whereas it was over 400. A quick spot check now shows that none of my scenes are working with the PLM, but device state's are --- I'm now going to have to do a complete network restore....

This is a new PLM purchased in Dec 2008 from SH.... I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work past 400 links..

Brian

Hello,

I have an ISY-99 and have updated to the 2.7 firmware. Everything appears to be running fine. However, when I enter the administrative console, I get a warning message that "ISY is currently configured with the default SSL certificate. This is a security risk!"

I do not use internet access - I have it disabled to the best of my knowledge. I suspect I have a setting wrong in the configuration. What do I do to disable this warning message?

Thanks,

Volvernon

Hello Volvernon,

Please try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i and, if you do not get the same error, then please clear your Java cache:

Close all your browsers

Control Panel->Java->Settings->Delete Files

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello,

I have an ISY-99 and have updated to the 2.7 firmware. Everything appears to be running fine. However, when I enter the administrative console, I get a warning message that "ISY is currently configured with the default SSL certificate. This is a security risk!"

I do not use internet access - I have it disabled to the best of my knowledge. I suspect I have a setting wrong in the configuration. What do I do to disable this warning message?

Thanks,

Volvernon

Hi Michel,

I used your link and the warning message still popped up. I also followed your instructions and cleared the cache (I had done this before as well). The warning message still appears.

Volvernon

Hello Volvernon,

Please try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i and, if you do not get the same error, then please clear your Java cache:

Close all your browsers

Hello Volvernon,

Would you be kind enough to:

1. Go to https://www.universal-devices.com/ssl/insteon

2. Enter your ISY's IP address (or your remote IP address if you have any)

3. Click on OK and let ISY reboot

4. Let me know if you still get the same warning

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I used your link and the warning message still popped up. I also followed your instructions and cleared the cache (I had done this before as well). The warning message still appears.

Volvernon

Hello Volvernon,

Close all your browsers

Hello Volvernon,

You are right and you are the only one who has had this pop up even though on an internal network. This dialog should only pop up when the Admin Console is NOT local to ISY and if and only if you still have the default certificate.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michael,

that did it. However, I might add that it seems kind of silly to have SSL certificates setup if we don't want or us them as this is only used on an internal network.

Thanks for the help,

Volvernon

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried several times to upgrade from 2.6.4, but keep getting the following 2 error messages:

Upgrade Failed:Invalid Length

Upgrade Failed:java.io.IOException:An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

I have tried clearing browser and java cache, diabling my virus protection (AVG) and windows firewall.

Do I need to make a change with my router? (Belkin)

Hello Chuck, if you have remote access, please send us the link (support@universal-devices.com) with your credentials and we'll upgrade remotely.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have tried several times to upgrade from 2.6.4, but keep getting the following 2 error messages:

Upgrade Failed:Invalid Length

Upgrade Failed:java.io.IOException:An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

I have tried clearing browser and java cache, diabling my virus protection (AVG) and windows firewall.

Do I need to make a change with my router? (Belkin)

I had the same issue at one time. Could not update from any computer on my network. However, Michel could update my ISY remotely. Turned out the problem was incompatibility between my Netgear router and my 24 port Linksys switch. It happened that all the computers I was trying to update from were connected to the switch. I replaced the Linksys switch with a Netgear switch and that fixed the problem. I have had no problems updating since.

Hi Chuck, these symptoms are all firewall software related. Please check this forum for solutions to your specific firewall and retry:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewforum.php?f=3

With kind regards,

Michel

I disabled internet access as well...

Is there something I can try on my end?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally took the plunge and upgraded to 2.7.0 (I'm of the school where "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"). The upgrade seemed to have gone well, but I notice that about 50% of my devices now do not show up in the Program Action dropdown box. They appear to be mostly KPL buttons (v.26, v.28, v.29) that are missing, but they show up in the Main tab.

After upgrade, I cleared browser and Java, and rebooted the ISY 99i.

Did I miss a step? Didn't see anything in Wiki or Forum search ...

Any suggestions would be appreciated ...

I finally took the plunge and upgraded to 2.7.0 (I'm of the school where "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"). The upgrade seemed to have gone well, but I notice that about 50% of my devices now do not show up in the Program Action dropdown box. They appear to be mostly KPL buttons (v.26, v.28, v.29) that are missing, but they show up in the Main tab.

After upgrade, I cleared browser and Java, and rebooted the ISY 99i.

Did I miss a step? Didn't see anything in Wiki or Forum search ...

Any suggestions would be appreciated ...

KPL buttons can only be controlled using scenes so they are not in the drop down.

New for 2.7 is that they are included on the Main pane so the status can be viewed.

Thank you,

Rand

• 2 months later...

I've tried everything I could find in these forums, my upgrade from 2.6.8 to 2.7.0 keeps on failing. I have an ISY 99i. I started with trying the upgrade from a laptop hooked up over WiFi, then moved to a hardwired desktop machine, then to a second laptop. I've disabled anti-virus. I moved my laptop downstairs to my wiring cabinet, and bypassed my switch, connecting to the ISY via the hardwired ports on the back of my Linksys router. Still no luck. I keep on getting the error "upgrade failed: invalid length" and "upgrade failed: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software on your host machine". Between tries I've been flushing my Java cache, and hooking up to fresh versions of My Lighting via the universal-devices website. I've also been powering down my ISY by unplugging the PLM, waiting 15 seconds, and plugging it back in. Internet access is disabled.

My last try, I went out and purchased a crossover cable, and connected my laptop directly to the ISY - no antivirus, manual update, and a power cycled ISY as described above. internet access is disabled. This time the upgrade proceeded about twice as far as any other attempt - I got to 73% this time, then the same two error messages appeared.

I'm running out of ideas from the forum, and unfortunately patience as well. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello Schlyguy,

I do apologize for the inconvenience and I know it must be quite frustrating.

The first thing I would like to try is - if possible - enable internet access and allow us to see if we can upgrade remotely. If that works, then we'll try to decipher what's causing your issues. If possible, please send your remote URL/credentials (reset to admin/admin) to support@universal-devices.com .

If we cannot perform this function remotely OR if we also fail, then I would like to immediately send you a replacement unit.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

With kind regards,

Michel

I've tried everything I could find in these forums, my upgrade from 2.6.8 to 2.7.0 keeps on failing. I have an ISY 99i. I started with trying the upgrade from a laptop hooked up over WiFi, then moved to a hardwired desktop machine, then to a second laptop. I've disabled anti-virus. I moved my laptop downstairs to my wiring cabinet, and bypassed my switch, connecting to the ISY via the hardwired ports on the back of my Linksys router. Still no luck. I keep on getting the error "upgrade failed: invalid length" and "upgrade failed: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software on your host machine". Between tries I've been flushing my Java cache, and hooking up to fresh versions of My Lighting via the universal-devices website. I've also been powering down my ISY by unplugging the PLM, waiting 15 seconds, and plugging it back in. Internet access is disabled.

My last try, I went out and purchased a crossover cable, and connected my laptop directly to the ISY - no antivirus, manual update, and a power cycled ISY as described above. internet access is disabled. This time the upgrade proceeded about twice as far as any other attempt - I got to 73% this time, then the same two error messages appeared.

I'm running out of ideas from the forum, and unfortunately patience as well. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I just did the automatic upgrade to 2.7.0, and although the upgrade appeared to occur without a hitch, and it came back running 2.7.0. but I no longer have any programs defined :-(

I did backup the previous configuration as suggested by the upgrade. Are the programs backed up as part of this? I've also tried downgrading back using "restore ISY" with the backup. Again, the upgrade appears to occur, but after the restart I'm still running 2.7.0, and still no sign of my programs. (I know for sure that they were there before the upgrade.)

I just did the automatic upgrade to 2.7.0, and although the upgrade appeared to occur without a hitch, and it came back running 2.7.0. but I no longer have any programs defined :-(

I did backup the previous configuration as suggested by the upgrade. Are the programs backed up as part of this? I've also tried downgrading back using "restore ISY" with the backup. Again, the upgrade appears to occur, but after the restart I'm still running 2.7.0, and still no sign of my programs. (I know for sure that they were there before the upgrade.)

Ugh. I just saw the thread saying that I should have downgraded to 2.6.0 before trying to upgrade to 2.7.0. Needless to say, I didn't log in here to read anything until after I had tried the upgrade, which I thought was safe due to the red notification of its availability :-(.

Does that mean my programs are gone? Thanks ...

Ugh. I just saw the thread saying that I should have downgraded to 2.6.0 before trying to upgrade to 2.7.0. Needless to say, I didn't log in here to read anything until after I had tried the upgrade, which I thought was safe due to the red notification of its availability :-(.

Does that mean my programs are gone? Thanks ...

One more piece of probably bad news -- none of my devices are reachable any more. PLM Info in tools/diagnostics tells me that the PLM is not connected. I've tried unplugging the PLM from the power and plugging it back in, with no luck. (That also has the effect of rebooting my ISY99i.)

Note that I had a completely working system that was running programs just fine as of earlier today, so I doubt that the PLM is dead.

One more piece of probably bad news -- none of my devices are reachable any more. PLM Info in tools/diagnostics tells me that the PLM is not connected. I've tried unplugging the PLM from the power and plugging it back in, with no luck. (That also has the effect of rebooting my ISY99i.)

Note that I had a completely working system that was running programs just fine as of earlier today, so I doubt that the PLM is dead.

Based on your symptoms, I don't believe your issues are caused by not updating to firmware 2.6.0 first.

If Programs are not showing up and PLM is showing as not connected, it does sound like a bad PLM (or bad cable between the ISY and PLM). You may want to try unplugging your PLM for a significant amount of time (maybe 1 or 2 hours), then trying again.

If that does not help I would suggest trying a replacement PLM.

Based on your symptoms, I don't believe your issues are caused by not updating to firmware 2.6.0 first.

If Programs are not showing up and PLM is showing as not connected, it does sound like a bad PLM (or bad cable between the ISY and PLM). You may want to try unplugging your PLM for a significant amount of time (maybe 1 or 2 hours), then trying again.

If that does not help I would suggest trying a replacement PLM.

I'll try leaving the PLM unplugged all day and see if anything changes. In order to try another one I'll have to buy one, so it will be several days. I assume a PLC isn't usable as a replacement for the PLM?

Also, does the upgrade process do anything that puts the PLM at risk of getting killed? Given that my programs were showing up and devices statuses were up to date right up to the instant before the upgrade, it's very hard for me to believe that the PLM becoming unreachable does not have _something_ to do with the upgrade.

Lastly, when I try to restore the ISY from the backup I was prompted to make before the upgrade, why do I not wind up back at the 2.6.x version I was running before the upgrade? (I do not get any obvious error from the restore.) Does the restore operation not work without a functional PLM?

I had similar issues in the past and it was caused by moving my ISY to a noisy circuit. Make sure you haven't moved your PLM, or plugged in any new devices that may be noisy or sucking up your signal like a UPS or something like that.

Be sure when you plug the PLM back in the LED comes on bright. There is also a way to factory reset the PLM using the set button. If you do that, and it works, you will have to perform a Restore PLM from the ISY File menu.

No, a PLC won't work.

When the ISY reboots after the upgrade it has to query all your devices so there could be a lot of activity.

A backup does not save the firmware, only your devices, programs, config, etc. Please email or PM me if you would like an older firmware to test with.

Rand

I'll try leaving the PLM unplugged all day and see if anything changes. In order to try another one I'll have to buy one, so it will be several days. I assume a PLC isn't usable as a replacement for the PLM?

Also, does the upgrade process do anything that puts the PLM at risk of getting killed? Given that my programs were showing up and devices statuses were up to date right up to the instant before the upgrade, it's very hard for me to believe that the PLM becoming unreachable does not have _something_ to do with the upgrade.

Lastly, when I try to restore the ISY from the backup I was prompted to make before the upgrade, why do I not wind up back at the 2.6.x version I was running before the upgrade? (I do not get any obvious error from the restore.) Does the restore operation not work without a functional PLM?

Archived