Mobilinc -- unable to update variables

maxnorth

I'm using Mobilinc HD through the portal.  It's a little slow, but it works usually.

But since moving to the Portal, manual value setting of variables no longer works through Mobilinc.  I go to set a value, which it accepts, but the value is never updated in my ISY994. This worked great before I moved to the Portal.

Hi maxnorth,

Are you using our MobiLinc Portal or the ISY Portal? Also, what ISY firmware are you using?

Wes

ISY, not ML Connect. Firmware 4.5.4

Yup! You can't update variables via MobiLinc when using the ISY Portal.

Yup, as in this is a known thing, or as in you are just now confirming it is a thing?

Thanks maxnorth,

The ISY Portal doesn't support all the features of MobiLinc and variables is one. However, we submitted an update to Apple that addresses a couple of direct IP issues we discovered that may positively impact variable support for direct IP connections in certain conditions. I would recommend that you try variables again after the update is released to see if this changes anything with ISY Portal. We expect approval in the next couple of days.

Wes

ISY, not ML Connect. Firmware 4.5.4

Yup, as in this is a known thing, or as in you are just now confirming it is a thing?

It is something I discovered when I switched to ISY Portal a few months ago. This is why the geofencing option in MobiLinc doesn't work when using the ISY Portal. I now use Locative to provide my geofencing needs. If I need to update a variable I use the ISY Portal Web Access tool.

Thanks maxnorth,

The ISY Portal doesn't support all the features of MobiLinc and variables is one. However, we submitted an update to Apple that addresses a couple of direct IP issues we discovered that may positively impact variable support for direct IP connections in certain conditions. I would recommend that you try variables again after the update is released to see if this changes anything with ISY Portal. We expect approval in the next couple of days.

Wes

I just updated MobilLinc this morning and successfully updated a state variable with it. I'm using the ISY portal.

Archived