Connecting Temp Aleter TA-2HL to I/O Linc #2450

dba62

So I have 3 wires on the TA-2HL temp sensor.  Red - Common, Green - High Temp Limit, Black - Low Temp Limit

So Red would go to GND on the 2450.

I could connect Green or Black to SENSE on the 2450 if I only wanted to monitor the High or Low temperature alert.  I suppose I could connect the Green and Black to SENSE if I just want to know that the temperature was outside the desired range.

Is there a way that I can monitor both and discern between the two?

Also, has anyone actually used the TA-2HL outside?  Apparently the TA-2HL is NOT designed for outdoor use.   Is there another sensor that can be used for outdoor use?

Thanks.

I have a Windland temp alert that operates the same way in my attic. I was able to wire high and low temp alerts together as you've indicated. The way I use it is a high temp alert at 80F and a freezing conditions warning at 20 to cycle the attic fan . I can guess which one it is based on outside temp, using the climate module to discern... If its >60 it can't be the freeze alert.

If your temp sensing needs are closer, this may not work or require some experimenting to calibrate it.

These things are very basic, but lab grade and hard to destroy. Mines been in the attic for 13+ years.

EDIT: DUH... that's pretty much the same unit I have!! Forgot the model number long ago.

Paul

Archived