using load sensing to determine if a bulb is burned out?

piconut

I have a lawn lamp plugged into a load sensing outlet and was wondering if there is any way to write a program to determine if the bulb is burned out?  The only program I have on it now just turns it on at sunset and off at sunrise. Thanks for any help you can provide.   

Insteon offers only one hardware devices which detect wattage: Synchro Linc The iMeter Solo has been discontinued and only the Energy Display is available. If you had Z-Wave incorporated into the ISY Series Controller there might be more options in terms of energy monitoring.

The only other recourse is to have a dedicated energy monitor that can relay the information to the ISY Series Controller like the Brultech ECM-1240 & Green Eye Monitor (GEM) working in concert with the Dash Box.

So no there isn't a simple, direct, method to detect a blown bulb . . .

Piconut,

May I ask are you seeing premature failures of the light bulbs in use? I ask because this isn't very common these days given 2017 production standards in lighting technology. Even the humble incandescent bulb has a standard 15~25,000 hour service life. It should be noted that older Insteon products did not last very long when a bulb expired.

Going off old memory and rolling back the time machine its suspected the back flow of surge current when the bulb blew back fed into the Insteon module and damaged various components in the hardware. I haven't seen any recent threads about dual band modules having the same failure rates due to blown bulbs though.

Just wanted to give you a related history lesson in case this is something that is happening . . .

Archived