Options for replacing deadbolt

mitch236

Hi.  I have been using MiLocks deadbolt with the Insteon transmitter (sorry, I can't remember the unit number).  I've always had an issue with the lock mechanism not always fully unlocking and so would have to lock and unlock until the bolt fully cleared the door.  What are my options at replacing this unit with a more reliable unit that communicates with my 994?

Thanks,
Mitch

There are no other Insteon solutions. There are WiFi locks, but if you want to use an ISY, then the only other choice is Z-wave, but that requires that you add the Z-Wave module (if you don't already have one installed). Unlike the Morning Industry locks, most Z-Wave locks also provide status (locked, unlocked) that can also be used as program triggers. My choice is Schlage.

Mitch,

I have 3 of the milock deadbolts in my home. I've found that if the bolt even just slightly drags on latch plate, it will often cause the lock not to fully unlock. You may want to double check to ensure the bolt is not in contact with the latch plate.

Second Schlage.. had Morning Industry lock and was too unreliable.. returned in 30 day window but still have controller that is useless to me now. Got z-wave module and Schlage and haven't looked back. You won't regret the advanced features with status as mentioned. 

Archived