Remotelinc 2 connectivity and linking to scenes

I've tried to download it but when I select the MAC version all I get is a admin16.jnlp file

I can click it and it is my ISY GUI console.

Have a screwed something up or is this what the app is now?

Drew

The remote looks the way it should. I'll try to program it.

Also, I didn't know the UI and the app itself could be out of sync. 

I think I've got it up and running

(although I pressed a button for a scene and every device in the house went to 100% so I'm hoping that was just a one time glitch)

Teken, thank you for your fast responses in solving my issue. It isn't your problem, its mine, but you worked for the solution like it was.

Always appreciated.

Brian H, thank you as well.

I, unfairly it seems, judge all other forums I participate in by this one. None have come close to the level of participation and knowledge.

Drew

Hello Drew,

I think you are near the home stretch here so lets try to figure out why there are light bulbs instead of colored squares in that image capture you provided up top. Can you please confirm you now have the ISY Series Controller using and displaying the same 4.5.4 firmware / UI?

If so great - If not you need to be  . . . Please don't forget you need to clear the Java Cache first before you launch the new Admin Console.

If both firmware and UI now match great your next task is to take a new RL2 not added to the ISY Series Controller and try to do so. Please use the two colored whirling arrows as the first attempt and ensure you place the RL2 next to a dual band device in your home.

The 2413S PLM is the most obvious hardware device in the home because many older homes had single band devices etc. Anyways the reason for using the whirling arrow option is its pretty fool proof. If that fails to work then use the light bulb option next to it and enter the Insteon ID as noted on the back of the white sticker.

Please be mindful of entering the periods between the alpha numeric values . . .

Lastly, please be cognoscente of B vs 8 / o vs 0 . . .

If everything works as I hope there should be squares for icons instead of light bulbs. Note if the system has any sort of antivirus / firewall in place on the Mac OS like Sophos please ensure the ISY Series Controller is *White Listed*. As these two areas can offer strange things to happen too like not being able to add devices to strange things being displayed in the system.

Your on the home stretch hang in there . . . 

The Lightbulbs are gone now that the UI and the firmware are the same version.

I can program the remotes and they seem to respond properly.

The swirly arrows way of discovering the new RL2 doesn't seems to work but when I select Link  RL2 under Link Management it works fine.

I think almost everything is working fine...

Except I have to click the admin16.jnlp file in my downloads folder to get the ISY GUI.

I don't seem to have the new app in my Applications folder.

(that app is the one that opens up the older version that gave me all the problems)

Have I downloaded the new version wrong?

Here's the link I downloaded it from (see attached )

post-245-0-56699800-1491228597_thumb.png

I don't think Mac users just click the JLNP file. I had an app icon in my Applications folder until I had to get rid of it due to the wrong UI and firmware version.

any other Mac users out there?

Drew

Archived