Alexa only discovering a subset of devices/scenes

Randall Grogan

Cross Posted from Amazon Echo Forum:

I am using the Mobilinc Portal with my ISY.  I have two echo's and am using the Orchestrated MobiLinc application on my iPad.  I have associated Alexa with my MobiLinc account when I enabled the "MobiLinc Smart Home" skill in Alexa.

I have quite a number of scenes, devices and programs.  However, the same subset of 43 are discovered each time.  Only devices and programs are discovered (no scenes) and not all of the devices.   I can not figure out why my other Devices and Scenes are not being discovered

I have tried disabling the Skill in Alexa and reenabling/discovering, but the result is the same.  What am I MISSING?

Hi Randall,

A couple of comments:

1. Only devices and scenes that have the Spoken field set will be pulled into MobiLinc for Alexa. So, first, make sure you have Spoken names for your devices and scenes in the Admin Console.

2. You need to link both MobiLinc Skills. Link the Custom skill first and say "Alexa, tell MobiLinc to refresh devices". Wait for the confirmation email to your MobiLinc Connect account. Then link the MobiLinc Smart Home skill.

3. If you make any changes to the spoken names in the Admin Console or add programs to your "Voice" folder, say "Alexa, tell MobiLinc to refresh devices". After that finishes, say "Alexa, discover devices" to pull these into Alexa Smart Home.

Full setup directions can be found on our website: http://mobilinc.com/features/echo/

Wes

Wes,

As suggested I disabled skills in Alexa, and linked both of the MobiLinc skills starting with the Custom Skill, refreshing devices, got the email, added the MobiLinc Smart Home skill and discovered devices.

The same 43 devices, and mostly programs were added. I can confirm that two of the devices I am trying to added have the "Spoken" field updated.

Other suggestions?

I assume that Alexa is being updated by MobiLinc Connect? Is MobiLinc Connect updated by the ISY or the MobiLinc app on my iPad? Where else could be break in communications be occurring.

Archived