ISY 994i backup file name/format

Password has stopped working so I am thinking its reset time but the last backup was so long ago (not much changes on this system) I can't find it. It probably got moved so I need to know what the filename is for a 994i standard backup so I can search for it on several drives before I use the reset...Can't seem to find this filename anywhere in the documentation/Wiki. Thanks for the help......

OK Gary I'm all ears. I couldn't find anything on this in the WIKI or in the forum under search term "password". If you know of such a process please do share...

Took me a few different search terms to find it:

It is the exact method to reset the password.

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Resetting_Your_Userid/Password

If you still need the file name format. It is in my previous post in this thread.

Thanks Gary I already had that info in the manual and was hoping for a less drastic way of recovering or changing the password because I have lost my backups to a computer upgrade and didn't want to risk a full meltdown without one. Or is this reset button a little less likely to fail than the comments on this site seem to warn about. Oh well I guess I'll have to take the chance.. I had a previous episode a couple of years ago and someone directed me to the location where the security hash was for the password but I can't seem to find that comment now.  Thanks again for your help..

Archived