WHAT DO CONSUMERS REALLY ASK ALEXA AND GOOGLE HOME? IS IT ALL SMART HOME?

Scottmichaelj

Thanks Scott, I like it. The results make sense in a big picture way... Amazon has a several year head start on iot for integration and google's general information search capability is superior... I've kinds given up on Alexa except for basics like weather, news and iot

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The less than scientific results were based on a subjective scanning of customer reviews, not based on actual usage data. Nor did the results attempt to correlate to any demographics (age, income, education, housing, etc.).  I wouldn't even wipe my backside with the paper the results were printed on.  

The less than scientific results were based on a subjective scanning of customer reviews, not based on actual usage data. Nor did the results attempt to correlate to any demographics (age, income, education, housing, etc.).  I wouldn't even wipe my backside with the paper the results were printed on.  

LMAO . . .

*Drop mike*

As far as Siri goes, I gave up on it some time ago, as have most people I know. It doesn't listen well and isn't very accurate at STT, and it isn't good at giving relevant results - often giving wildly irrelevant results, in fact.

Google Home listens well (but not over TV in background!) and is very accurate at STT. It is very good at giving relevant results about local things - stores, open hours, etc. This is where Siri often fails - it often has out-of-date information, doesn't have all store locations, etc. I tested it on events, though and it failed. "When is the Padre's opening game..."

LMAO . . .

*Drop mike*

It's "drop mic".

And it looks like Verizon finally realized how bad those ads are. The second was was worse than the first. Too many people "don't get it" and it's just plain stupid. 24% of viewers rate it positive.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/A0nS/verizon-unlimited-drop-the-mic-featuring-thomas-middleditch

Well I am not sure Amazon or anyone will release official data due to privacy. I don't think how these results were acquired are a big deal or is an issue for me. Its not like I am going to do anything mission critical with them. It was just an interesting insight how people are using these devices, even if its loosely based.

Did you clone yourself Teken? This sounds like exactly like something you would say?  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Archived