Is Insteon working on RGBW led bulbs?

cloudbuster

thanks,

I hope they do for the easy of integration.

Integrating ISY, using Network Resources is pretty easy, once you eastablish the first command as working. I use NR for Hue, MiLight bulbs and strips, and LEDenet controllers with RGBWW strips.

larryllix: does rgbww here refer to ”warm white” or do you have an rgb strip with two different color temperature white elements? If so, where did you find an rgb+w+w strip?

thanks!

Warm white. From what I have seen the warm white combination strips are referred to a RGBWW and the cold white combo ones are referred to as RGBW.

I believe this is only because the cold white ones were probably first, and the only RGBW at the time but also depends on which supplier you are dealing with. Most of these are translated from Chinese to English without fluency in English.

I had several RGBCW strips installed and never used the cold white as they looked so purple against 6500K fluorescent tubes. After I saw my RGBWW strips, the first time, I replaced all the CW ones. Now the WW looks so much better and actually usable, without colour bias, against the 6500K fluorescent tubes, to the eye. Camera pictures show a very different story where they look very yellow against the tube fixture.

Archived