Alexa named timers and reminders

hum099

Did you read the letter??????... Canada rules/ law will not approve these ability. This is big brother/ government believes that they know what is best for their citizens.:spin: They will have focus groups, meetings, etc. Maybe they will determine if not harmful for its population then maybe you will get this useful tool. Or you can move to America.

I agree with mwester. We just don't know the actual reason. Anything else is pure guessing.

As far as other countries, I'd guess that Amazon has a local server in that country that does "speak" the local language.

Hmm, a quick search confirms my guess: https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/comments/5uexa3/can_i_use_amazon_echo_in_english_in_germany/

Many "exclusive rights" were granted to Canadian distributors by US  companies thinking anybody wanting those rights was more than welcome to the current zero market they had here. Years later once the Canadian market potential was realised, the agreements were already in place, with royalties needing to be paid to US mother companies.  Sony A/V equipment was one good  example and why Sony was over double the price here, as the US until better quality equipment was created here.

It isn't the Canadian government that is restricting Canada, generally. It's the exclusive rights given away by foreign companies to this part of America. There usually no restrictions if you are willing to pay  royalities agreed to. Love Reagan. :(

I'm not aware of any US owned and based manufacturer that's not only aware, but also well versed in the simpler metric system. Too bad Cº are so coarse compared with Fº. A solution is to allow ½ increments, but that's not an easy code accomplishment due to the structure of coding.

Passé Pascal preferred poster B)

Archived