Motion Chaos - Insteon vs Zwave

bkpky

Insteon motion sensors really have not performed well for me for many many years.   I had high hopes with the new Insteon II sensors.  I am really frustrated as I purchased 3 and they are practically useless.  I manually linked them to a few devices but no real controlled time to keep the lights on.   I have read on the forum that development is chaos since there is not clarity in the API.  

So, my question...   Do I jump into the Z-wave arena?   I currently have all Insteon and Elk products but I sense insteon is loosing ground.  Should I jump ship for motion control?   Is their full control of nice motion products like the Z-wave product by Aeotec called the MultiSensor 6 in ISY ?  

To be honest I can't speak on range. I have about 10 of the Cooper zwave outlets installed around my house so range has never been an issue for me.

Battery life has been great for me. The very first one I bought lasted about a year before needing to change. The couple of door sensors I've had, I haven't had to change at all. My leak sensors haven't needed changing yet either

Archived