understanding scenes

jkraus

experimenting /learning

so lets say I am using and ISY and have two SLs and an RL, and create a scene. There appears to be three different ramp and brightness levels

If I click on the SL I can set Brite and Ramp applied locally, so I guess this is when I physically press the SL?

then I can set scene brite and ramp, but this one I don't totally understand, because...

I can also set the RL key I have attached to that scene at yet another brite and ramp level, so does this mean that the levels are unique to that RL button?

if I were to have and add a Keypadlinc, would that button I assigned to the scene also have a unique brite and ramp level assigned to it?

so both the scene and any controller have separate levels?

and the reason the scene has separate levels is if the scene is called from a program? If I have it correct then there are a lot of choices, a little confusing, but I guess more control is better

Thx

Joe

Hi Joe,

Yes:

1. Each controller in a scene can have different on level/ramp rates for any of the other controller/responders in the same scene. This way, your Entrance and Exit buttons could have different effects while both controlling the same set of lights

2. The Scene itself could have different on level/ramp rates for all the members in the scene. These settings are used when you use the scene in a Program

3. If you want all of them to have the same effect, apply the changes to the scene first and then, for each controller, click on Copy Scene Attributes from ....

With kind regards,

Michel

experimenting /learning

so lets say I am using and ISY and have two SLs and an RL, and create a scene. There appears to be three different ramp and brightness levels

If I click on the SL I can set Brite and Ramp applied locally, so I guess this is when I physically press the SL?

then I can set scene brite and ramp, but this one I don't totally understand, because...

I can also set the RL key I have attached to that scene at yet another brite and ramp level, so does this mean that the levels are unique to that RL button?

if I were to have and add a Keypadlinc, would that button I assigned to the scene also have a unique brite and ramp level assigned to it?

so both the scene and any controller have separate levels?

and the reason the scene has separate levels is if the scene is called from a program? If I have it correct then there are a lot of choices, a little confusing, but I guess more control is better

Thx

Joe

Archived