Viewing Variables Making Me Go Bonkers

apostolakisl

In Agave/Programs/Variables As I view my variables and scroll down, the app keeps "popping" back to the top of the list.  I scroll down, 2 seconds later "pop" back to the top of the list.  A lot of times it pops back to the top as I am scrolling down.  Driving me bonkers.  I have to scroll down like 5 times before I can actually get to the things at he bottom for long enough to view them.

I think this has something to do with Agave checking ISY for changes, but I don't know for sure.  Whatever the reason, if I scroll down the list, it needs to stay where I put it.

5.0.1 LG G3.  I don't really think this is what the cause is.

5.0.10 ISY and the latest Agave version.

It does it all the time.  Doing it right now.  Both when viewing Int and State Vars.

When I first open up Agave and go to variables, it shows me the old values from the last time I opened agave.  At this point it does not do the pop thing.  It takes a good 5-10 seconds or so for Agave to update the variables to current values, then the fun starts.  It will pop back every couple seconds now.

Yes, it does happen to me if I open variables before it has completed it's initial status, and sometimes eve after waiting. But I don't think it has anything to do with refresh. It's trying to scroll back to where your cursor is, which sometimes is in the box to set value of the first variable. If you scroll down and put the cursor in another box it will stay there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes, it does happen to me if I open variables before it has completed it's initial status, and sometimes eve after waiting. But I don't think it has anything to do with refresh. It's trying to scroll back to where your cursor is, which sometimes is in the box to set value of the first variable. If you scroll down and put the cursor in another box it will stay there.

Yes, if I put my cursor in a box down the list, it will stay there as long as I keep the number keypad open.  If I back out of the keypad, it goes back to the top of the list, even though the cursor was blinking in the item way down the list.

Okay, let's start with more specific information. How many variables do you have defined.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

As you can see, I'm using a S8.

81 and 27 i/s

The most frequently updated variable is one that updates every minute on the minute.  So that doesn't explain the "pop" that occurs every few seconds.  Seriously, I have to try like 5 or 10 times to scroll down the list before I can get to the one I want to see long enough to read it.

I have two ISY's that Agave accesses.  I just tried looking at variables on the other ISY, and I am not having the same problem.  So, it is something to do with my home ISY I suppose.  Both are running 5.0.10.  To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with my ISY.  My home ISY (the problem one) is a brand new ISY pro, ir, zwave model.  The other is a 994i ir pro (no zwave) from when it was very first introduced.  The one with the issue also has a bunch of modules installed that the other does not, including Elk, network, and weather.

Yes, I refreshed the data. 

I timed it.

It is very regular at an interval of very close to exactly 5 seconds.  It may not be precisely 5, but it is very close.  Typically it is every 15 seconds, but it could be 5, 10, 15, or 20.  I timed it for about 5 minutes using the lap timer on a stop watch.  I had a couple of 5's, a 10, a bunch of 15's, and a 20 during that time.

Also, Agave is telling me it has an upgrade available, but when I accept the upgrade, there is none.

I meant, have you gone into Settings, third entry from the bottom and pressed Refresh Data?

The update available was fixed last night. See post from James.

I went through lots of things on my ISY to see if anything is happening every 15 seconds, or any multiple of 5.  Can't find any.  My weather polls every 60 seconds and I have one other program that runs every 60 seconds.  I'm not sure how often the elk module polls, not sure there is any user control over that.

Cool,

So what was it that is happening at intervals of multiples of 5 seconds?  And only doing it on my one ISY and not the other one.

You would have to figure that out yourself.  

What is happening is that Agave would receive and update whether initiated or through update on the subscription and would reset the scroll list.  I just told Agave to map the scroll position and reapply it after the update finishes.  This is something I do for all lists but missed on the variables.  

You would have to figure that out yourself.  

What is happening is that Agave would receive and update whether initiated or through update on the subscription and would reset the scroll list.  I just told Agave to map the scroll position and reapply it after the update finishes.  This is something I do for all lists but missed on the variables.  

OK, it looks like my webcontrol 8 has a heartbeat every 15 seconds.  I don't exactly know how that causes the variable list to update since the heartbeat has no impact on variables.  But that appears to be the reason.

WebControl8	Status	1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:55:29 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	-1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:55:45 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:56:00 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	-1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:56:16 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:56:31 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	-1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:56:47 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:57:02 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	-1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:57:18 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:57:33 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	-1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:57:49 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:58:05 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	-1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:58:20 AM	System	Log	
WebControl8	Status	1	Fri 2017/06/30 04:58:36 AM	System	Log

And that only some had the issue. We're just curious.

It would happen for more then just a variable change. Nodes , scenes, elk... When a change gets pushed through the subscription, Agave tells the active activity that the data has been updated. The activity then invalidates the current screen data and refreshes it. Most times this is completely transparent, but lists tend to want to start over. So I just map the scroll position and track it back to that location and the next screen redraw.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived